Approval Processing in One World

Mayerling

Please I need if they can help me I have problems with the Approvals of Purchases where when making the approval the Order of purchase even is as pending of approval and it does not disappear of the screen, but when reviewing it this aprobada.Thank you

Hi there.. I just set this up for a client... what is your issue exactly?
Are they approving it and it's not disappearing from the screen? Or is not
showing up in their screen? or is it when they make a change to the Purchase
Order after the order has been approved? thanks, Bobby

The real problem is when already the order this approved and it doesn't disappear of the screen, the purchase order doesn't have any change. Please if you are presented this problem you help me. Thank you

If that is the case... on the approval screen... there is a remove message
button in the row exit... use that to get rid of messages like that... let
me know. thanks, Bobby

This problem occurs with us as well. I think it happens when an order goes through the approval route more than once. ie when the order has been changed after it has been approved. You are able to remove these messages once the offending purchase order has been fully receipted or cancelled. There is a row exit "Remove Message". The approval route process is not as robust as it should be when an order needs to be approved more than once.

Regards
Marty

What I have done recently at a client is set up a version of PO entry that
has the processing option for override next status to 230. Then what happens
is after an order has been approved. Any changes would need to be done with
this version. It forces the order back to 230 next status where the approval
system picks it up. You need to have 230 set up as another allowed status in
your order activity rules, but it allows orders to go through the approval
process multiple times if necessary. thanks, Bobby

Regards
Marty

If you set the override status to 230 in your processing options, it will not always work. Only certain fields will cause the order to go back through approvals.

There have also been various ESU's to correct issues surrounding approvals.

I am having serious issues with this as well. What happens with us is that a PO will show up in an approver's queue (usually after it has been approved once, and then modified), but when you go into Approval Review, all the lines show that the PO is already approved. If I look at the PO itself, it shows a status of 280 (approved). This has been a very frustrating issue.

I have tried the "Remove Message" exit but it gives me an error message stating that I cannot remove messages from a PO that still requires approval. What I have to do is go in the F4209 and change the status of the approval there.

This does not happen on every PO. It seems to happen on when a PO is changed, but again, not all of the POs that are being changed are being affected by this. This usually happens with recurring POs (OC doc type), because of the nature of contracts. You may enter a contract for a ulility bill and have a line for each month with the estimated cost. Then, when they receive the invoice, they put the actual price in the PO.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Mayerling,

Whilst it is possible to solve your particular problem by having a revision only version of P4310 with an over ride next status of 230, you may face another problem.

As you may now know, there are key fields in F4311 that when modified will push the purchase order back through approval as long as the status is immediately after the waiting approval status. These fields are such things as account, cost, extended cost, etc.

Now, when the system re-submits the order for approval it populates the approval file (F4209) so that you see the line in the work with approvals application, but the field in this program that figures out whether the order is approved our not is linked to the status code of the order line from which it was derived. This is the processing option behind P43081 asking what status is an approved and un-approved line.

This is why you get stuck. The approval table says the order line needs approving, but the application is set to understand that the status your order line is at is already approved.

The answer JDE will give you is to set a revision only version of P4310 with the override next status to 230. This means when you modify the detail line of the purchase order, as well as the F4209 table being populated, the status will move back to 230 and this will match the processing options of P43081 to be a valid line for re-approval or deletion.

The problem now occurs however the other way around.

What happens if you wish to modify a purchase order line, but it is not one of the key fields that creates a new record in the F4209???? What you potentially get is now a detail line that has been forced back to status 230, but the Order Awaiting Approval Program P43081 will not see it because it was not one of the key fields modified and thus not in the F4209 table and therefore invisible for you to move off status 230.

Every client I've worked with who uses PO Approvals has this problem. This coupled with other limitations of the approval system have lead a couple of them to remove this functionality and manage it off system.

Hope this helps.

Gavin

Back