Application Error

zakiahmed

Whenever, there is a fresh install of OneWorlXe on any workstation, P01012 gives the following error:

"The instruction at "0x73dd1351" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be read."

But when I do a normal 'Get' on this object, the Application starts to work fine. This program has been recently modified and I've pushed the object from DV to PY through an update package built. So, this is happening in PY.

However, today, I learnt that a user who just got a new computer, with fresh PD installed, is also getting the same error.

It seems like the local specs for this object aren't installing properly.

Any help is appreciated.

OneWorldXe 7334
Oracle
WINNT

Zaki,

It sounds like a package is corrupted. If I remember correctly, update packages update the parent (full) package. For a new installation, install the update package. If this fixes the problem, then the updating of the parent package did not work properly and corrupted the parent package, so the parent package needs to be rebuilt. If it doesn't work, then the update package is corrupt and needs to be rebuilt. Rebuilding the update package may or may not fix the parent package, so the parent package may need to be rebuilt as well.

That's my AUD 0.02 - I hope it helps.

Back