APPL Question - How do I fetch rows from a different table not in the BV?

Irfan

Irfan

I created a custom application in 9.0 and in the Headerless Detail form I have a grid where I need to display rows from a table that's not in the business view. I'm using one of the fields in the business view as the primary key to fetch the records from the other table. I know I have to use the Get Custom Grid Row event in the Grid event rules and do a fetch single from the table but need help with the logic. The business view for the Detail form is over a custom table. The field that I'm using to fetch from is the OMW Project ID (OMWPRJID) where I go out to the F98222 OMW Project Objects table and get all the associated objects for that project and display it on the grid. I did add a Find button to the form since you typically don't do a find on a detail form. I've attached the event rules of what I have so far. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• 187504-P5798220 Detail Form Grid Event - Get Custom Grid Row.txt
    2.8 KB · Views: 34
Hi Ifran,

You could tinker with a select/fetch to the secondary table based on the record you've just written and then populate the GB fields (Grid Buffer)
Then use the system function below
smile.gif

John

InsertGridBufferRow
Last Modified: B733 | June 04, 1998
InsertGridBufferRow takes the grid buffer values and inserts a grid row in the specified location. After the grid row is inserted, the row will receive focus on update grid.

Parameters

Parameter
Description
I/O
Required
Notes

Grid
Specify grid to be used

Row
Specify row location for insert

Selectable?
Yes/No - With this line highlighted, does Select work?

Protected?
Yes/No - Can this line be edited?

Updateable?
Yes/No - Should the Update/Add events be executed for this row?

Deletable?
Yes/No - If this row is highlighted, does Delete work?

Clear After?
Yes/No - When the operation is complete, should the GBs be cleared of their values?

Return Values

Return Value
Description

None
This does not return a value

Back