Address Book Master Business Function

hamishm

Hi

I am trying to update a record in the Address Book using the Address Book MBF. I can add records easily enough using cActionType = A. When trying to update (using cActionType = C) i get an error, duplicates not allowed. what causes this? how do i get around this problem?

thanks in advance
hamish

Hamish,

I beleive Action code works with Update flag which when set to 1 updates the file. This is just for your information.

If you can understand C, on the form when this error occurs, click on the display error button and in the window in the bottom right click on the error message and ask for details. A new window will popup and it will actually show you the C code line which generated the error message. Now you know the reason why this error is occuring.

This is really helpful when debugging the C code.

Hope this help.

Regards

Naveed

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I have tried your suggestions and am still having problems. The Address Book Master Business Function is written in event rules, so I don't know if what you said about C applies. Is it possible to update the F0101 and related tables manually? I have tried but it seems to fail for some reason.

Many Thanks
Hamish

Back