AAI

Jeff73

Well Known Member
Hello List,

If I update an AR or an AP AAI, say, I change the GL account it points at, is there anything else I should do? I'm asking cuz I think that when an integrity report is run for example, JDE looks at all GL accounts that are part of the corresponding AAIs. Does it automatically keep track of changes so it's smart enough to know that account X that used to be part of AAI RBxxx needs to be taken into account when comparing to the F0311 for instance even though currently no RB AAI is pointing at account X any longer?

Thanks,
J.

Jeff,
The RB AAI is your bank account and is not included in integrity tests. However, RC and RU AAI's are included. If you change the account and the corresponding AAI, when an integrity test is run, you will end up with a variance as the old account is not included. The easiest method is to inactivate the old account, change the original AAI (add an obscure BU) and add a new AAI for your new account. There is a small problem with that. When you attempt to pay or spread an RC or RU document, the post will fail as the account no longer accepts activity. Either method will result in more work.
Jeff73 <[email protected]> wrote:Hello List,If I update an AR or an AP AAI, say, I change the GL account it points at, is there anything else I should do? I'm asking cuz I think that when an integrity report is run for example, JDE looks at all GL accounts that are part of the corresponding AAIs. Does it automatically keep track of changes so it's smart enough to know that account X that used to be part of AAI RBxxx needs to be taken into account when comparing to the F0311 for instance even though currently no RB AAI is pointing at account X any longer?Thanks,J.
A7.3 Cume 11
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=W&Number=51820
+ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -+
This is the JDEList World™ mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop!

World, OW B733X and Xe

Thank you for your reply.

I can't inactivate the old account because it'll still be used for some other stuff. Would it make sense to use some manual JE to move the old account's balance to the new account (I can create a brand-new account that's never been used before) prior to linking it to the RB AAI?

One more thing: what about adjustment AAIs (RAxxx...)?

Thanks,
J.

Jeff,
Yes, you can create a manual JE to transfer the balances in the GL. However, that only solves a portion of the problem. In each AR record is the account (BU.OBJ.SUB) and an account ID. You will need to edit these records (SQL, WW) and input the correct information. As for the RA accounts, these are not usually included in any integrity as they are expensed not balance sheet items. Before you begin, you need to make sure you have a solid backup and reports that match AR details to GL balances.
Jeff73 <[email protected]> wrote:Thank you for your reply. I can't inactivate the old account because it'll still be used for some other stuff. Would it make sense to use some manual JE to move the old account's balance to the new account (I can create a brand-new account that's never been used before) prior to linking it to the RB AAI?One more thing: what about adjustment AAIs (RAxxx...)?Thanks,J.
A7.3 Cume 11
--------------------------
To view this thread, go to:
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=W&Number=51848
This is the JDEList World™ mailing list/forum.
Archives and information on how to SUBSCRIBE, and
UNSUBSCRIBE can be found on the JDEList Forum at
http://www.JDEList.com

JDEList is not affiliated with JDEdwards®

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Platinum - Watch CBS' NCAA March Madness, live on your desktop!

World, OW B733X and Xe