E9.2 Increasing planned order quantity for component due to scrap in components manufacturing process MRP

JDE1993

Hello. I am having an issue with setting up MRP planning for an operation, where work order quantities need to be increased based on planned scrap.

So far, the only way I have found to do this is by setting up a scrap% for the component in the parents BOM to increase gross requirements. This does not work however, since the component scrap doesn't happen during the manufacturing of the parent item but in the manufacturing process of the component itself. So this results in the parts list for the end item being false and hence an incorrect amount of materials issued when the end product is assembled; I have WO for an endproduct_1 for 100 pieces, with component A manufactured inhouse having 10% scrap. By inputting 10% scrap on BOM of endproduct_1, my gross requirements for component A are increased to 110 accordingly, but when I assemble my 100 units of endproduct_1, my understanding is that 110 pieces of component A are also issued, which would be incorrect.

Another thing I tried is setting up the planned operational yield % of the manufacturing step of component A to 90%, but this didnt seem to change the planned MRP quantities for component A, only increasing the gross requirements for sub_component A. Also this cant be used for a fixed amount of component scrap. Is there something im missing here?

On item branch/additional info there is also the field "shrink factor", which only increases the requirements for the subcomponent_A as well, not increasing requirements for component A. When using shrink there is a "Quantity + shrink" field in component A's WO header, but this doesn't really help since the actual quantity ordered is not affected. Is there something wrong with my setup? Included is a picture of the current setup of my parameters in item branch. Additionally ive setup a minimum order quantity.

Appreciate all input, if someone has experience with increasing MRP planned quantities because of planned amount of scrap in the process.

Attachments

• MRPSetup.PNG
    MRPSetup.PNG
    31.4 KB · Views: 1
Back