Vertex 2.4.2

jeremey_garcia

VIP Member
[shocked]

Good afternoon all,

When we pulled down the Vertex tables for April and May we had an issue. In a nutshell running on the ES (AS400) the payroll got screwed up with deduction explanation's missing, multiple employees not being paid, and YTD numbers being astronomically wrong. (Payroll was salary, with auto-pay and auto timecard creation on.) After April's tax update I opened a call with JDE - did an update package for one BSFN, which didn't work, then did a full pkg build. After full pkg was built (successfully) I ran a payroll it worked correctly, except withholding was wrong, I downloaded the May taxes this afternoon, applied them to the ES and ran another payroll on the ES. It presented the same problem as before.

Has anyone else experienced this, or had problems after applying Vertex Tax updates?

Latest ESU was JD15255, with Special Instructions done for Vertex 2.4.2, Service Pack is 14. The only modification done to the latest full package was the May tax tables. Payroll works as should when run on a local pc.

Thanks in Advance.

[not shocked]

I've been dealing with one or another payroll issue since we first put this
thing in. For almost ANY payroll ESU you have to rebuild all BSFN's in that
product code. This is because JDE often changes the header file for
functions and because of how ESU's are installed the source file may not be
merged in....thus the compiled code is garbage. This is why JDE often says
'Oh yeah by the way you need to do a full package build'. This of course
recompiles all BSFN's with the updated header files.

Just for laughs when you run the payroll on the server try turning on server
logging using SAW for that UBE. My unproven theory is that it will work -
atleast it did here.

The other thing I do is to reset ALL objects in the ESU and reappply it so
that all of the objects re-merge - not just the 5 - 10 out of a list of 100
that usually merge.

Colin

B733.2 SP17.1_I1
Intel/NT/2000/Oracle 8.1.7.1
FAT & WTS

I have had a similar issue happen to me with Vertex 2.3 not updating
properly on the 400 which in turn caused Payroll tax problems. Vertex
appeared to update properly but when I ran "VPRTREP.EXE" against the 400 I
found out that it was not updating properly. My work around is to key in
the complete update command into the AS/400 and not use Vertex's "UPDPRT"
or "UPDLOC" commands. Hope this helps

Joe

Re: RE: Vertex 2.4.2

Thanks for your insight,

Even with logging on the payroll did not work properly. I have not as of yet, rebuilt my package. Since this is the second time this has come up, I'm waiting to see what JDE Dev says. The first time it came up I rebuilt the full package and the payroll worked, with the wrong taxes. I applied the may tax tables and it cropped up again:-(

Joe,

In the CL we run on the '400 it appears to be calling the programs by passing the parms in during the call. Is that what you are saying? Have you put vertex 2.4 on yet?

Back