Alternative to Vertex

alefer82

Hello, we are currently using Vertex Q Series on a JDE EnterpriseOne 9.2 instance. However our corporate office is willing to change it to Taxware stating that it has better reports and more functionalities than Vertex Q Series. I have some questions regarding to it:

Has everyone ever used Taxware integrated with JDE 9.2? How was the integration process? Is it working well?

I would like to give Vertex O Series as an alternative so we could take advantage of the Q Series built in JDE interface. Has anyone implemented Vertex O Series and integrated with JDE? How hard is to implement it?

Thank you in advance for any reply.

Alex

Hello;

I was a member of the team who created the Vertex Q Series Sales Tax product and later I wrote the initial version of the Vertex O Series integration to JDE - since our initial implementation the O Series connector to JDE, it has been standardized and we have put in place an excellent consulting organization to help users install and migrate their Q Series configuration to O Series. I very highly recommend that you contact the Vertex Sales department to request an O Series demonstration and to arrange for an assessment of you migration requirements.

Tell them that John Hart sent you...

Thank you for your reply John.

One more question: I would like to understand what's the difference between Vertex Q and O Series? I've tried to find it ove the internet but could not find any comparison between these two versions. Do you know where I can find this information?

Thanks again.

Alex

Since I'm a technical person and I'm now in a different part of our organization I had to do some digging around to research the current state of Q and O to formulate the following answer for you... Please don't take this as an authoritative or all encompassing response, but at a high-level...

I generally think of Vertex's product-lines as suites - in which users can select those components that make the most business sense.

Q Series is our client-server solution. We offer PL/SQL or C API integration interfaces. The user interface is a desktop client. Supports North American transaction (Sales & Use taxes and Canadian GST, PST)

O Series is our web-based solution. We offer a webservice API and a JAVA API for integration. The user interface is a web browser based client. Supports North American transaction (Sales & Use taxes and Canadian GST, PST as well as VAT). O-Series supports Accrual, AP Invoice, AR Billing, Asset Movement, Buyer Input Tax, Distribute Tax, ERS, Inventory Removal, Invoice, Invoice Verification, Purchase Order, Quotation, and Reversal transaction types. O Series can be installed on premise or accessed via the cloud.

Our JDE integration works with specific modules within JDE (this is true for both Q and O Series) - the specific modules each supports would need to be explained by our sales team.

Both offer powerful customization tools to configure rules for products and customers - the O Series product has an extremely powerful tax assist module that allows users to create sophisticated pre-processing and/or post-processing of transactions.

Address cleansing is available for both solutions, and generally it is a good idea to use this so the jurisdiction identification component of O Series and Q Series can best resolve where taxes should be calculated.

Both record transactions that are processed in a journal/register from which transactions can be processed by our North American Returns product. O Series is also designed to integrate with our Global International Tax Returns product.

Since others will undoubtedly discover this thread later here's some information that goes beyond the JDE integration:

For both we provide a large number of ERP and eCommerce integrations (again contact Vertex Sales for specific vendors and versions).

We have an O Series cloud offering that includes both tax calculation as well as tax returns for businesses that want a streamlined end-to-end transaction (indirect) tax package.

Overall O Series has a wider range of features... but Q Series is very capable for businesses that have needs that fit its features.

In any case - please consider giving our sales department a call so that they can understand your requirements and help you determine which combination or products makes the best sense for your business...

Thanks

John,

I appreciate all your effort to provide this information. We already are in touch with the sales department from Vertex to understand what's the best solution for our business.

Thank you again!

Alex

John,

I appreciate all your effort to provide this information. We already are in touch with the sales department from Vertex to understand what's the best solution for our business.

Thank you again!

Alex

I would recommend Avalara cloud process and its much better than both Taxware and Vertex

This is a bit dated thread. Question - Is Avalara compatible with JD Edwards and can be used for payroll etc?

Our Vertex support costs have gone crazy in recent years. We only use it for payroll, are there any alternatives out there? It seems so tightly integrated with JDE that I have my doubts there are any replacement products.

bumping this thread.

what are the current alternatives? (specifically looking for sales tax)

Vertex seems to be the popular one - with that comes a price
Avalara tax - seems to be the newest

I'm seeing ONESource from thomsonreuters, hooked with a third party connector ( DMAINC) as a possible solution?

There has to be more right?

Interested in any feedback.

Back