Thread: Static information (text file)

Static information (text file)

Hello,

We are pretty new with BI publisher and are moving from JDE/Transform output to BI Publisher. As of today, our current laytout tool (Transform) does permit to publish on the layout several static information that are stored out of JDE (for example terms and condition information on sales orders which are stored into doc or txt files).

We have heard that this is not possible to do so with BI publisher, anyone could confirm ?

If so, what alternatives have you put in place to do so? Media object ? customized tables ? ...

Thanks in advance

EnterpriseOne 9.0
    Oracle

Re: Static information (text file)

JDE BIP does not handle most media object types. You can create shared content by using RTF subtemplates. You can put T&Cs, headers and footers into subtemplates that can be included in a main template. Take a look at Oracle support document 817099.1. it discusses Subtemplates with JDE.
    Justin Miller

Re: Static information (text file)

The RTF templates let you include any static text you want. It also allows you to store text in separate RTF files, known as sub templates, and then call them in the main RTF file when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by JFrazee View Post
    The RTF templates let you include any static text you want. It also allows you to store text in separate RTF files, known as sub templates, and then call them in the main RTF file when needed.
    how can i do this? i did some test in my RTF templates, but i can´t call anyone.
    Do you have any example?
    we will like to have a RTF with static text ,and call it from the invoice template.

Thanks
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    B7334 SP22 SQL SERVER 2000

Thread Information