E910 PDF Metadata JDE.INI Settings

GuitarMan

GuitarMan

Well Known Member
Hello All,

Would someone be so kind as to tell me what the JDE.INI settings are to turn on PDF Metadata?
Any replies are appreciated.

Actually, it is:
[UBE]
UBEPrintDataItems=1

The other one just puts extra comments in jdedebug logs.

Edited, after more research - I stand with original post:

Note from: Server_Manager_Guid_8.98:
Generate PDF Metadata
Description: This setting controls whether metadata about the report
should be stored with the generated PDF as comments. While not visible
within the report itself ome third party utilities may utilize this information.
INI File/Section/Entry:JDE.INI /[UBE] /UBEPrintPDFData

Generate Data Item Comments
Description: This setting controls whether data dictionary information for each data item contained in with a report should be added as PDF comments. While not visible this information may be utilized by third party applications.
INI File/Section/Entry:JDE.INI /[UBE] /UBEPrintDataItems

E1: UBE: Steps to Enable UBE PDF Metadata for Reports and Explanation of Metadata Format [ID 636133.1]

The JDE.INI file setting is:
UBEPrintDataItems=1

Also - attached to the KG item, there's a Word Document (Format_of_Metadata.doc) that defines the constructs of the metadata...

Hope this adds a little more clarity

(db)

Funny, because I'm using UBEPrintDataItems=1 and it works. When I turn it off, no more metadata is in the pdf file. I didn't research it, I actually used it.

I'm guessing someone in the docs department got confused when server manager came along.

Edit: Please refer to Doc ID 636133.1 - It says, for 8.93 and later:
"In order to provide the metadata to the third party printing software, a jde.ini setting is available. Once this setting is activated, the metadata is placed directly into the PDF file.

The JDE.INI file setting is:

UBEPrintDataItems=1"

Seg,

I guess the question - what's the difference between 'MetaData' and 'Data Dictionary' information.

From a Third-Party concern, the Forms Developer wants to see 'whatever' makes the value unique - that might actually be the Meta Data, instead of the DD data.

Whenever I get an opportunity to play with BIP or a Forms tool, I'm sure I'll want to distinguish between the two...

(db)

The setting I mention is the one that prints "Metadata PDF comments" which contain the DD information as well as other information; the tech doc I mentioned has a link to the doc which describes the format.

The other setting you mention, despite what server manager doc says, does nothing inside the pdf at all. You can prove this to yourself experimentally very easily.

Thank you both for the help. It could that both of you are right. I used Dan's original setting in XE and the metadata was produced. We were able to load the pdf into our new form design tool which is replacing Optio. I'll experiment with both in XE and E9.1 and see if I see a difference. Either way, the help is much appreciated.
Regards,

Well, this is interesting. In XE, I have the following settings:
[UBE]
UBEDebugLevel=0
UBESaveLogFile=0
UBESHOWPDFLINK=0
UBEFONT_POINTSIZE=8
UBEPRINTDATAITEMS=1
UBEFont_FaceName=Times New Roman
UBEPrintDataItems=1
;UBEPrintPDFData=1

They both produced the metadata and Transform was able to load the produced pdf's.

In E9.1, I have the following settings:
[UBE]
UBEDebugLevel=0
UBESaveLogFile=0

BIpSaveOutputOnFs=0
BIpOutputDirectory=
UbeDBOutputlocation=
;UBEPrintDataItems=1
UBEPrintPDFData=1

I tried both and neither setting produced a pdf that was able to be loaded into Transform. It did not recognize any metadata....

Any ideas about 9.1?

I did some playing around - and Seg's value seems to be the correct value to make MetaData (and DD items) populate at my 9.0 client.

In XE you have:
UBEPrintDataItems=1
;UBEPrintPDFData=1

In 9.x you have
;UBEPrintDataItems=1
UBEPrintPDFData=1

Change 9.x to:
UBEPrintDataItems=1
;UBEPrintPDFData=1

E1 Restart required???

As for why you might not be seeing the metadata in 9.1; while researching the values, I spotted a blurb about Unicode conventions being populated as the MetaData values.

If you don't find the article in the KG, let me know and I'll go back and dig it up. The wife / boss just told me to get packing, we are off to the fair (ugh)....

(db)

In Sp24 and in all current 8.9 and 9.1 releases, PDF compression is used inside the PDF file. If your forms package can't handle that, try adding the setting:
[UBE]
UBEPDFCompression=0

Note the PDF file sizes will be a lot bigger, tho.

Thanks again for the help. Unfortunately, while the settings worked great in XE, I still can't load a 9.1 pdf into Transform. I'm contacting Bottomline today to see if they have seen this issue before.
Thanks,

Hi,
Just wanted to know if you found a solution on how to get the PDF output from E910 to store true type font (below set) instead of an embedded subset?)
- ArialMT
- Type: Type 1
- Encoding: Ansi
- Actual Font: ArialMT
- Actual Font Type: TrueType

I am experiencing the same problem. Have tried all the suggestions found on this thread but could not get it to work.
Am I missing something? I have done changes in jas.ini and have restarted JDE.
What do you suggest?

Thanks
Maria

Hi List,

Any news on this item ? I am having the same issue with Transform.

Kind Regards,
Haci Ozturk

[ QUOTE ]
Well, this is interesting. In XE, I have the following settings:
[UBE]
UBEDebugLevel=0
UBESaveLogFile=0
UBESHOWPDFLINK=0
UBEFONT_POINTSIZE=8
UBEPRINTDATAITEMS=1
UBEFont_FaceName=Times New Roman
UBEPrintDataItems=1
;UBEPrintPDFData=1

They both produced the metadata and Transform was able to load the produced pdf's.

In E9.1, I have the following settings:
[UBE]
UBEDebugLevel=0
UBESaveLogFile=0

BIpSaveOutputOnFs=0
BIpOutputDirectory=
UbeDBOutputlocation=
;UBEPrintDataItems=1
UBEPrintPDFData=1

I tried both and neither setting produced a pdf that was able to be loaded into Transform. It did not recognize any metadata....

Any ideas about 9.1?

[/ QUOTE ]

Back