Creating a menu in 9.0

Spennymac

Hi All
Can someone tell me where to go and the steps to edit or create a menu in 9.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated, any links to documents pertaining to this welcome as well

SM

standard task creation or editing can be accessed via a development client by selecting Menu Design from the main screen. This will allow you to insert new or existing tasks, modify tasks, or rearrange things. The limitation here is you need a development client to be able to work with menu changes, and you are limited in the section of the menu you are able to work with.

If you are interested in giving your users the ability to work with menu changes via the web as well as being able to work with more than just a small section at a time, let me know and I can share some information about how you can do this.

Oracle Document ID 626489.1. In fact there is lots of informatino on the Oracle support website!

I have (after many months) finalised a process that allows you to paste in a spreadsheet to create a menu if that helps.

Hi all,

In versions 8.12 and above, standard applications have been created to support OracleBusinessAcclerator methodology.
One of these "Rapid Start" application can be used to upload menus (task views) from spreadsheets (or export menus). These applications can be accessed via Fast Path P01RS01, DocID on MyOracleSupport is 1311055.1 ("E1: SOLEXP: Using P01RS01 Configuration Utilities outside of Oracle Business Accelerator Methodology") !
smile.gif

Back