Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Burst fail

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1

    Burst fail

    Hi, all. I am new to embedded BI Publisher. The report that I am formatting through BI Publisher is a custom error report that breaks on e-mail address (the actual e-mail, not an Address Book number). I want to Burst on the e-mail level break. I ran the report through BI Pub without the Burst and it ran fine. When I run with Burst selected and the following path in the Burst field (/R56ERROR2/F56ERROR___All_Fields_S1_Group/On_Electronic_Address_S4/), I get "FX" (XML Publisher Error), although, when I View RD Source, I see the XML, but there is no other output. At this point, I am not specifying any email distribution. When I use Word to load the XML data to the .rtf document and run the Add-in Preview, it shows the output I expect (except it's not bursted - for obvious reasons).

    Anyone have any ideas what could cause the burst to fail?


  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    17

    Re: Burst fail

    What output you select? Bursting work good with PDF.

  3. #3

    Re: Burst fail

    I'm experiencing the same issue with the R42565 and bursting on Address Number. I get valid XML, but it ends with an FX error. If I download the XML I can merge in WORD with no errors. I have it set to email the output and PDF document.

    Were you able to resolve your issue?

  4. #4
    Hi, Anyone has solution to this? I'm having the same issue, same report R42565. Burst not working and getting FX (XML publisher error). JDE: 9.1, Tools release: 9.1.4.7

  5. #5
    I raised this issue with Oracle and they replied asking me have burst on a section instead of on a field, once I changed this the burst started working correctly. It seems this is a case with R42565, I have been having burst based on field with other reports and never had an issue.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by ashwin E1 View Post
    I raised this issue with Oracle and they replied asking me have burst on a section instead of on a field, once I changed this the burst started working correctly. It seems this is a case with R42565, I have been having burst based on field with other reports and never had an issue.
    Thank you, that solved a bursting problem I had with a copy of the R43500 PO Print.
    9.2.0.5 EnterpriseOne

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ashwin E1 View Post
    I raised this issue with Oracle and they replied asking me have burst on a section instead of on a field, once I changed this the burst started working correctly. It seems this is a case with R42565, I have been having burst based on field with other reports and never had an issue.
    Great... This solution worked for us too. Thanks.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
The legal restrictions and terms of use applicable to this site are available here.
Use of this site signifies your agreement to the terms of use.
JDELIST is NOT affiliated with JD Edwards® & Company, Oracle or Peoplesoft. Contents of this site are neither endorsed nor approved by JD Edwards® & Company and, or Oracle.