bimmershark

We are planning to implement E1 soon. I took an Oracle course last month - JDE E1 Accelerated Developer Tool I & II. It included form design aid (excl power forms) but discussed little about UBEs. What course can I take out there that would help me learn more about UBEs? I'm looking to learn more about creating updates and probably business functions. Thanks!

Hi,

UBE's (aka BV, batch version) are easier to learn and grasp rather than APPS (aka IV, interactive version)...but if you've had experiences with Crystal Reports they are more likely similar in one-way or the other in terms of report writing.

Both have strong and weaks points...and i doubt oracle can improve on it in terms of developer efficiency. You can start looking at NER's for business functions.

I've search oracle university and they have the following:

- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Common Foundation Rel 9.0 - RWC
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Development Tools Part 1 Rel 8.98
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Development Tools Part 2 Rel 8.98
- JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Development Tools Part 3 Rel 8.98
and so on...

Man, they have hefty fees...
grin.gif

Welcome newbie to E1 arena.

E1 offers UBEs (Universal Batch Engine) for batch/scheduled processing, reports are designed with RDA and/or ERW. Then some use 3rd party like Crystal Reports, MicroStrategy to handle reporting.

Also I can probably send you some RDA guides if you like. The ER is pretty similar for NERs, Business Functions.

Oracle University also has these:

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getCourseDesc?dc=D70401GC10&p_org_id=1001&lang=US

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getCourseDesc?dc=D56143GC30&p_org_id=1001&lang=US

Also JDETips site may provide some valuable information for you as well.

Welcome and good luck with the installation!

Kamusta Kentoy! I can see you're from the Philippines. I'm a proud Filipino myself! Thanks for taking time to address my question. No, I don't have experience with Cyrstal reports. But I will definitely take a look the courses you listed on your post. I'm really excited with this implementation. My current skills are so obsolete and learning a new one just gives me a breathe of fresh air. Salamat!

Thanks for the warm welcome pburch! Please do send me the RDA guides that you have. Anything at this point will be a real help to me. I'll take a look at the two courses you mentioned. Thanks for taking time to answer my post.
smile.gif

Back