JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Foundation - Self-Service

ericsd

We're running EnterpriseOne Xe and are working with Oracle to see if a license migration to their new metric makes sense for us. We have a line item on our maintenance agreement that says "JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Foundation - Self-Service". Our understanding was that we owned Employee Self-Service already. In fact, it was configured for our installation (before my time at the company) but we never went live. The closest thing I could see is "JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Foundation - Self-Service" in our maintenance agreement.

The Applications Sales Representative says the following:

<font color="blue">The product listed in [Our Company]’s support agreement is “JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Foundation – Self Service”. This line item represents functionality that is part of Technology Foundation. As previously discussed, [Our Company] is currently licensed for Technology Foundation and would incur no costs as a result of a migration. [Our Company] owns the functionality necessary to deploy self-service applications.

However, I can’t find any information in [Our Company]’s previous agreements indicating a purchase of self-service applications. Previous agreements would have listed “Employee Self-Service” (now called HR Self-Service) or “Supplier Self-Service” as a product licensed by [Our Company].

In summary, [Our Company] owns the technology necessary to deploy self-service applications, but is not currently licensed for either employee self-service or supplier self-service. </font>

Anyone know what line item constitues Employee Self-Service or for that fact Vendor Self-Service on a contract or maintenance agreement?

Thanks!

I cannot speak to employee self-service, but I can address supplier self service.

Supplier self-service is not a separate system. If you want suppliers to be able to view their vouchers and payments, you set a processing option for Standard Voucher Entry (P0411). The processing option is the second one (Supplier Self Service Mode) on the Process tab. To activate supplier self service, enter a value of 1. There is a separate program (P04012SS) that allows suppliers to see their supplier master information, specifically the information on the Purchasing 1 and Purchasing 2 tabs of the Supplier Master Revision form. There is also an Address Book Self Service program (P01012SS) that allows supplies to see their address book information. I believe that you need to use action security to prevent suppliers from changing their information.

Does anybody actually use the supplier or customer self service applications?

I would expect that large department stores would. Back in the 1980's I worked for a wholesaler that sold to department stores. Our collections agents told me that certain customers' accounts payable departments did not accept phone calls. The collections agents had to use an automated system to check on the status of our invoices.

FYI. There is a commercially available Supplier Self Service application available which offers JDE authorized realtime integration to all versions of World and E-1. It provides Buyer and Supplier profiles (roles and permissions), P.O. change collaboration, forecasting and invoice tracking. We support the integtration on-going and our customers tell us their suppliers find it easy to use. If you would like more information on this alternative approach, log onto www.cdiconsulting.com. Thank you.

Back