Sales Update - R42800

pyramid

Dear Jdelist,

I am facing problem when i am running Sales Update Report (R42800) in Proof mode or Final mode, Neither the journal entries are created nor the status of my sales order is updated. I even i dont see any error in this report, I checked the work center the submitted job status is shown as "Completed Successfully"....
confused.gif

Please comment and advice.

Thanks.
AK

Well I guess you can call this a problem! You don't mention what version you are running but since you mention work center, I assume you are running OneWorld/ERP8/EnterpriseOne Amen! Based on your description, chances are your problem is with the data selection. Can you see in the pdf a line on the first or second page showing "No data selected"? If so, something is wrong with your data selection. Whether or not you see this message, you can easily activate the debug file while running the R42800. You will then extract from the debuglog file the first SQL Statement on F4211 and figure out what is wrong with it by removing conditions one at a time. You may need the help of a technical person with knowledge of SQL to achieve this. Hope this help. Good luck!

Florian Perreault
Gestion Florian Perreault

Hi Florian,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am using E1 8.12, I reviewed the report its not showing like you said "No Data Selection" but its showing in detail information i.e. "Total for All Invoices".

See an attached screen shot for Data Selection i am using for R42800.
Please advise.

thanks
AK

Attachments

• 130662-R42800-Data Selection Criteria.JPG
    130662-R42800-Data Selection Criteria.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 208
Ak,

Verify in the Branch/PLant Constants (P41001) that the MCU branch is set to generate G/L entries.

Hi! My branch plant constant are set to create GL entries. This is not reason here .....????

Hi 'AK'

Difficult from here to work out what the issue is. Is the order maybe on hold?
If not could you run some SQLs:
select * from proddta.f4201 where shdoco = 3 and shdcto = 'S2'
select * from proddta.f4211 where sddoco = 3 and sddcto = 'S2'

This will enable us to have a look at the order itself.

Rgds

You'd better upload your R42800 in final mode and the Process Option of R42800.

Hi! I dont think this is the cause, i am using only three AAIs table which are as follows:
4220:00001 X S2 DIRECT SALES ORDER X IN99 Stock-Inventry X 854000

4230:00001 X S2 DIRECT SALES ORDER X IN99 Stock-Inventry X 854000

4240:00001 X S2 DIRECT SALES ORDER X IN99 Stock-Inventry X 1. 151100
===========================================================
The AAIs are all okay. But still see above and let me know if any AAI is missing.

Thanks
AK

Hi V.W,

The items which i entered in my sales order have zero cost since these are scrap material and return from the project with zero cost. Now being entered into the SO with selling price xyz any...to be sold to customer, So is this the reason that my item has a zero cost. Please advise in the above scenario when items contain zero cost in ledger then how the SO should be entered and how Sales Update should be accomlished.

Thanks.
AK

Hi AK
I would suggest a methodical approach to locate the problem. First you can use either UTB or a SQL to check whether the SO is present with value in both F4201 and F4211.
2) Check the status of the order and compare with your Order activity rules
3) Check whether the Posting code for both BU and the relevant accounts allows entries to be posted
4) Check whether the AAI's are correct.
5) Before the sales update the invoice should have got created. So check in F03B11 (or F0311) for the concerned invoice/ SO combination.
6) Check in the Item ledger whether the invoice gets reflected.
7) If all the above steps are correct then check the data selection on the sales update. It is advisable to check for one particular SO to confirm whether things are in order and the expected output gets generated.

You should now be able to locate the problem and sort out the error.

Good luck. Feel free to reach me on [email protected]

Ram

Hi Ram,

Thanks for writing up the methodology. I tested and there is no problem from step 1 till step 6. So i think problem is only in the data selection. I will try to figure this problem.

Best regards,
Aqeel

Back