Change Business View

gigi

gigi

VIP Member
I remember that someone in this forum already did question(but i don't find any post regarding it). Is there a way (or a tool) to change business view to a report or to application without to lose any variable assignment?
thanks in advance
Gigi

Hi Gigi,

When you change the Business View in a report or form then it would certainly put "Missing_Name" in place of all BC and PC variables.

The work around for this is to have your report/form in DV as well in PY and then once you change the Business View in DV then Compare the code with PY code through "ER Compare" in OMW and replace the "Missing_Name" code.

Hope it helps.

Hi Gigi,

Do you want to modify the BSVW behind the Form or Section or replace the original BSVW ith an other one BSVW object?

I suppose, you would like the second, am I right?

Regards,

Zoltán

yes Zoltan, I would like to substitute BV. I need to rename original business view, for exmple from V55xxxx to V59xxxx and attach the new view to report or interactive application
thanks
Gigi

Hi Gigi,

What kind of mods do you want to do between the vanilla and new BSVW?
If it is just to add some new field, then you can do it on the original.
If you want to include and link an additional table, then it depends on...

Regards,

Zoltán

we're creating our EnterpriseOne solution and we need to rename custom objects that we wish to include in it. So if Ia have a report R55xxxx based on business view V55xxxx we must rename both to R59xxxx and V59xxxx without changing nothing else.
I tested on 8.12 with an interactive application and changing the name of business view based on it, there aren't problems. Assignment with BC correct and so on....
Change business view (with same fields) to a report instead seems to cause a lot of problems to the report code.

I wish JDE provided the option of copying the Business view also like the Processing Option template...I will be really interested in knowing if something really allows to change the BSVW (though same fields)...

Raj

In all probability u will hv to redo the entire report again. To reduce ur trouble of recreation use exact names for event rule variables, report constants and variables. Once u have done and confirmed this try to copy / paste all the event rules. Don't know if copy / paste event rules form one report to other. Its going be quite frustrating
crazy.gif
, but can't b avoided.

Hi Systime Pune,

As far as I know Copy / Paste ER already an internal functionality of the OW engine (tools) starting from B9, so you can not Copy / Paste ERs between OW objects
frown.gif

Regards,

Zoltán

Back