Get Grid Row not working properly on E8.10

richslaney

richslaney

Hi all,

I have a problem where the 'Get Grid Row' system function is not selecting rows correctly on E8.10 (fine on Xe and earlier).

Let me explain the problem in detail:-

I have written some code which loops through the grid (page at a time processing has been disabled), gets the grid line values (using the 'Get Grid Row' system function), checks some values and then clicks on a standard 'Row Exit' if required.

The 'Get Grid Row' system function is returning the correct 'GC' values which I have proved by also updating values on the selected row and changed fonts etc (which I see OK).

The problems is that when the 'row exit' is executed, the row exit processes line 1 by default (or any line I've manually selected), although the currently selected row maybe line 4.
confused.gif

This is stopping an important P4210 mod in it's tracks.

I have tried updating the selected grid row, disabling then enabling the grid row, changing colours, font etc, but nothing seems to set the focus on the ER selected row.

It would appear that E8.10 doesn't update the internal selected row pointer inline with the selected row from the 'Get Grid Row' system function....

Help... Any Ideas anyone ?
Service pack issue maybe ?

Best Regards,
Rich Slaney (UK)

JD.Edward/PeopleSoft/Oracle/JDE version E.810
Tools Release 3, ActivEra Content 310

Hi Rich,

had your mods ever worked on earlier release than 8.10?

Some idea:

1.) If the code in the standard Row Exit is not too large and comlicated, than try to copy it to your event, where you issue the GetGridRow (with other word, repeat the logic there).

2.) Create 2 new variable. One flag, which indicates, that the Row Exit had been called from your event rule (initialize this flag at the start of the form), a second one to store the Grid Row Number that you want to process. At the beginning the ER of Row Exit check the flag, and if the Row Exit had been called from your ER, then issue the GetGridRow there again for the Grid Row Number.

Hope, one of these will work.
Please, keep us informed.

Good luck,

Zoltán

Rich,

Try replacing the Row Exit with a Hidden Button (i.e. move/copy the code into a hidden button control) and see if that works.

Regards,

Back