E9.2 Disable row selector on specific rows

Shannon.Inge

Is there a way to disable the row selector only on specific rows based on a column value? I have a grid with sales order data, including a column with order type. I only want the user to be able to select rows with a certain order type, but the other rows need to be displayed. I know I can check the order type in the Row is Selected event and unselect the row and give a warning/error, but I'd rather just prevent the user from selecting the row if possible.

I don't think so??? - although if the record is added to the grid via system function I do believe there is a "selectable" property or something like that, if it is a data bound grid I don't think you can change the selectable property. As an alternative, in addition to not allowing an action on the row, I would just give the user some other visual queue like a lock icon in the row header or color the row gray, etc.

The records are loaded via system function and I thought that the selectable property on Insert Grid Buffer Row was going to be the ticket, but it doesn't seem to really do anything. My backup plan is to highlight the rows they are allowed to select and automatically unselect any other rows that they attempt to select.

As Brian says
If you maybe inserted the rows using Insert Grid Buffer row, one of the attributes is Selectable? Yes/No
Maybe you could try that?
So instead of Find doing the work from the BSVW, suppress all that and use the IGBR system function in a loop. See if it works. From memory I think it does

If my memory is shot, could you have a checkbox that hides the 'naughty' grid records? So tick that and it only displays the rows that you allow them to select??

Back