Zero off price in Sales Orders without enabling user to change the price field

JdeBlues

Well Known Member
We have a logical request which i am stumped on how to cater, hoping someone could give me some clues.

This came from operations dept whereby they have scenario of replacement parts to be issued at zero price. HOD is not willing to grant the rights to user to change the price field at SOE, so the proc opt regarding price fields have been set to block users from doing anything with the price. However, with the replacement parts scenario, user has to zero off the price somehow during SOE. Does anyone have ideas how i can enable this WITHOUT doing any customization? Thanks for all input.

Hi,
one method would be to use an advance pricing adjustment in (say for a replacement part document type), which adjusts the price to zero. Alternatively you could allow them to put in a manual adjustment (again through adv.pric).

Let me know if you need any more detail.

Warm regards

Peter

JdeBlues <[email protected]> wrote:
We have a logical request which i am stumped on how to cater, hoping someone could give me some clues.

This came from operations dept whereby they have scenario of replacement parts to be issued at zero price. HOD is not willing to grant the rights to user to change the price field at SOE, so the proc opt regarding price fields have been set to block users from doing anything with the price. However, with the replacement parts scenario, user has to zero off the price somehow during SOE. Does anyone have ideas how i can enable this WITHOUT doing any customization? Thanks for all input.

If there is a base price for that item, the system will not allow you to simply put in a zero price on the detail line. What needs to be done is to use the Row/Exit called "Zero Price". This will enable users to zero oout the price, but cannot change the actual price field.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the suggestion but sadly, this company isnt using Advance Pricing feature. Thanks anyway!

Hi jdvoigt,

To enable user to use the zero price button, i need to set the proc opt to enable [Display Tab option 2] price fields. I need to disallow user from changing the price but yet allow them to zero off. Thanks anyway!

Hi ya,
just a thought....

you could TURN ON the pricing fields through the processing options so the zero price becomes available BUT ALSO turn on protect price on the line types you use.

Warm regards

Peter

JdeBlues <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the suggestion but sadly, this company isnt using Advance Pricing feature. Thanks anyway!

Hi,
looks like my "other" reply has disappeared in the ether...so here it is again
----------------------------------------------------------

An alternate strategy would be to ALLOW price updates from the PO's, which will therefore open up the zero price row exit - BUT change the line types to "protect" the price on the SO.

This should give the net effect you are looking for - but would require testing....

Warm regards

Peter

Thanks for your idea.... erm....sorry to bother you, could you pls elaborate how does changing line type protect SO? My brain is a lil slow today ....Thanks again!

Hi,
if you take a look at P40205 (LT maintenance - go into maintaning one) then you will see that there is a flag towards the bottom of the page "protect price on SO". This is supposed to make the unit/extended price protected - hence if you open the PO's for maintaining price the net effect should be to open the "Zero price" row exit BUT not allow price changes.

Hope this helps!

Warm regards

Peter

woiks.... thats amazing! thanks so much! this is exactly what i needed...

Back