Duplex printing withing JDE

gmorris

Enterprise is AS/400 and running 8.92 E1, I do not see a way to set up a duplex printer within E1. Using P98616 I am trying to set up a duplex printer/outq I do not see any options for doing so. Has anyone been able to set that up ?

Usually this type of functionality is provided by third party printing partners such as formscape, optio or Jetdirect.

If you have one of these products, you'll be able to identify the specific forms and enable duplex (double-sided) printing in the product. Otherwise, JDE is extremely basic when it comes to output management (hence the open area for printing partners !)

You used to be able to setup a separate print queue at the OS level and have it default to print duplex. I am not sure if this will still work or not. I have not tried it in a long time.

I'm pretty sure once the option to duplex was configured on the printer itself and you print from WSJ (not open the PDF) then it did duplex. Once you open the CSV or PDF then it is in the realm of Windows printing.

Back