JDE 9 Standalone problem starting applications in web-interface

• Thread starter breedmuilkikker
  • Start date

breedmuilkikker

Hi all,

I'm trying to install the demo version of JDE 9 (oracle) and after some attempts it seems to be running. At least, the developer workstation is started without problems and from there I am able to start the webinterface as well.

But, there's a small catch: I do not have any applications in my (web-)menu and starting applications using fast path doesn't work either (in this case I get a message "critical system error"). I checked the logfiles but didn't see any strange things, so I'm really stuck right now.

Does anyone have some tips or things to check why this does not work?

thanks ,

remco

Ok, I finally found the cause of these problems: it seems to be the location of the jdbj.ini-file used by the webserver. In the installation instructions I used this specific file was copied to the windows-folder and edited at that specific location. But for some reason, my webserver is using the ini-file located at 'C:\E900\system\OC4J\j2ee\home\applications\webclient.ear\webclient\WEB-INF\classes'. After modifying that specific file everything seems to be working great.

regards,
remco

I'm having the same PROBLEM with the Standalone installation. Please can you explain into detail, some of the steps you used to resolve this ISSUE. You can send the copy to my email. I really appreciate it. Thanks [email protected]

Hi there,

I was having the same issue just now with the "language Standalone" (standalone with complete translations of all spec texts for French and other languages). E900 Local Oracle installed on Windows 7.

In my case the jdbj.ini files were identical in both locations (DEMO/ini/sbf vs system/OC4J/.../classes).
The cause of the "critical system error" was that I had the odbc jar file only in E900/MISC and not in system/OC4J/j2ee/home/lib. Copying the file just solved it.

Regs

There is in my case the need to modify the jdbj as well.
The [JDBj-BOOTSTRAP DATA SOURCE] is correctly configured, however the [JDBj-SPEC DATA SOURCE] is not.

The former needs to point to System Local / JDESY900, the latter to Versions Local / JDEVL900. On both copies of jdbj.ini

Back