BF B986162B mult print copies of UBE

mhoyt

We are currently using Subsystem processing to print Invoices from R42565 automatically to default printers by userid. This is occuring at various locations and is working well. Now we have been asked to print 2 copies of each invoice at same location.

I have read thru 3 years of entries on this list and come across entries by JohnO indicating that Business Function B986162B will do this (from Aug 21, 2003 posting #60256). This gives me some hope. Then I looked in KG for B986162B and returned zero results. Looked in KG for multiple printing of UBEs and found an article. It says enter #copies in the box displayed when printing (DUH!) and that it cannot be modified for PrintImmediate (not good).

This BF seems to need a server job number and some other information. It looks like it would be called after you know the server job number the PDF is generated as. So by this point I am totally lost.

Can anyone (specifically those persons from earlier thread) explain to me how I call this BF and from where? In our instance we enter the sales order in P4210 and when the order is complete a print magically appears on the printer and is generated by a version of R42565.

Thanks

Mike Hoyt
IMP Group International
Halifax NS CANADA [email protected]
Enterprise One ERP8

An update.

Have not made any progress with this BF as it only seems to be called from Printer Selection Screen.

However another old thread in this list suggested printing mult PO could be achieved by setting the vendoe to receive mult copies of PO in vendor master. There seems to be a similar option on cust master that we will try for our invoices. If it works I will update this thread and be very happy as this seems to be a far far far simpler solution.

Mike

Mike,

It has been a couple of weeks since your post and you have not received any answer, so here is an option that may or may not be useful. If you resolved your issue with the B986162B, please post your resolution.

I modified the P986162 to print immediate based on parameters. I know it is not the B986162B to which you are refering, but it may give you another option to achieve you objective. I Have attached a word doc that includes the modified ER.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• 102978-Print Immediate.doc
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,489
Back