F986110 Data Source Override

JanOW

Hello List.

I'm creating a BSFN that will rename a PDF in the server PrintQueue folder.

I created a BSFN that will launch a number of UBE's through jdeLaunchUBEEx and return the job number.
With this unique job number I want to fetch in Job Master file F986110 to retrieve field FNDFUF2 which holds the PDF name. I know this table resides in a separate server map and you need to override the data source first.
The BSFN B9861101 to do this is Client Only, but searching on the list I found some examples where this function is used in UBE's and BSFN's.

My question is, how can I use this function in a UBE/BSFN running on server ?

TIA,
JanOW

B7334 ERP8 SP22 Unix Oracle 9i

Hello:

The treatment that you give in a report is the same that in the application.

I create a night report that find the jobs submetid during the night and It send an e-mail to the propietary of the report.

First you need to call to the function B9861101 passing the name of the server, and when finished the process UBE
you need to call to the function again, but this time you have to pass blank

Hello foviedo. Thanks for the reply.
I was aware of how to use this BSFN. My problem is that the BSFN is Client only and I want to use in this in another BSFN that is defined Client/Server. This will not compile. Can I just re-create this BSFN into a Client/Server one ?

I assume your UBE is running on server ?

Yes, my UBE runs in the server. Without problem.

The UBE calls directly to this function (B9861101)

I have run into the same problem. I need to call this BSFN from a UBE running on the server. Did you have to change the client/server flag on the BSFN in order for it to run on the server?

Back