server UBE specs corrupt

taarts

We seem to have a growing problem. Our Production App server UBE specs appear to be getting corrupt. Although the UBE's process correctly and complete in a Done status, the actual output PDF is either blank, wrong, or missing information (in a number of important UBE's, not all UBE's). Also, UBE's that are supposed to update tables are not doing so. This is happening with both JDE vanilla UBE's as well as custom UBEs.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, how did you solve it.

Also, can anyone recommend a good tool besides turning on debugging to analyze this growing problem?

Our app server is SUN Solaris 5.8 with OW Xe, SP 17.1, Update 3.

Any assistance would be much appreciated

Taarts :

If I were you, would start by shutting down JDE services, and deleting
the bunch of folders that have usernames under /pd7333/spec on the
Solaris box, and start JDE services.
If it doesn't work then I would submit a full server package and deploy it

Regards, Sebastian Sajaroff (JDELIST)

We had this happen with a UBE for Financial allocations that stopped
updating the tables. It turned out to be the interactive application from
which we launched the UBE from. We deleted the user overrides for the
application and the UBE was fine.

We also have found problems with the virus scan interfering and disable
that.

Sue
Xe, Update 3 (Prod) 6(test), sp18.1 Oracle 8.1.7.3 NTsp6a

tart,

this can happen (UBE spec corruption) when differences exist beween the Server spec files and Workstation spec files. For example, the server receives an update package containing UBEs but not all clients have the same package deployed and installed (or vice-versa). When user's submit UBEs to run on the server and change Data Selection then Specs from the client are uploaded to the server (not necessarily full specs - but the server specs are modified). If the two are out of sync to begin with then corruption may occur.

This brings up the question of: How good are your procedures to ensure that everyone is operating off the same code base?

Taarts,
I would not be too quick to suspect corrupted specs when some data is
missing or a UBE does not do all it´s supposed to do. I have seen Unix
servers with bad spec files. In that case no UBE ran at all. To rule out
that your server specs are bad build a full server package. Make sure its
a clean build with no errors. If the symptoms persist, look for different
possible causes.
Thanks, Gerd

Hi,
I have to agree with Larry. When was the last time that you Built and deployed a full packag?

I perform a full package build at least every two weeks since we are in such a busy development mode and creating updates 1-2 times daily.

This may be happening after more than ONE update packages are installed on a workstation at the same time. Is that the case?

Back