OMW Checkin to PD7333

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
Has anyone applied JD14727....I was told by JDE that it was fine to apply this ESU....Well Well...

Before this ESU if a developer logged into PROD and checked out an object that was at a status 21 which is the only level they have access to checkout at...based on the OMW Rules the object should be checked out from DEV and if the checked it back in it should checkin to DEV. (with me so far)

Since applying this ESU if an object is checked out while Logged into PD it appears that the OMW rules is not being followed. I checked out a UBE which is at status 21 made some changes in RDA then checked it back in ran the UBE and my changes were there.

I need to not have this happen I do not want any checkin while any user is logged into PROD is thare a way to do this. Even if the project is at status 21. Or is there a way to not have developers view prijects that are at a status 21 while logged into PROD. This could cause serious issues if a major application is chnged in PROD.

I need this one fixed real soon...any help/advice will be appreciated.

Cleo,

after checking the UBE back in you ran it locally on the same workstation - right?

This is not new behavior caused by the ESU.

When you made changes to the checked-out object you were updating the LOCAL specs/files in the current environment/path code. It doesn't matter where they were copied to when you checked the changes in - you still had the modified object on your PC afterwards and you will still have those specs on the local pc unless you replace them by doing a GET from PD or overlaying with a package.

One way to keep developers from accidentally using OMW in prod is to make it more difficult. Change the shortcut name in prod for OMW to something complicated. Remove OMW from production menus, etc.

Back