Getting Current Job Number

bladutko

Does anyone know how to get the current job number for a UBE? I need the job number that was automatically assigned to the UBE.

I want to get the F986110 record for my UBE, but without the job number, I'm not sure how to always get the correct record. If the same UBE is run multiple times, how can I determine which F986110 record to get?

Looking through past posts, it appears I can do this easily in XE. Unfortunately, we are not yet on XE.

I've seen this same question in past posts, but I haven't seen a direct answer. Is there any way to get the job number that has already been assigned to the UBE?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Ladutko
Business Systems Manager
BIC, Corp.

One of our programmers wrote a program that access that table before
actually submitting the UBE and retrieved the last number and adds 1 to it,
then submits the UBE. It is assumed that the process might fail if more
than one job were submitted an about the same time.

Hi Bob,

Write your own C function which calls LaunchUBE. It takes data structure of
type PUBEVAR as parameter.
szHostName and mnJobNum are members/fields of PUBEVAR which in fact primary
keys of F986110.

Alternately
You can also use B91300C if available in your OW version

Enjoy
OW Hell

We are on XE and need to do the same thing.
You indicated that in looking at past posts you found some that showed how in XE. Could you help us?

Develop a driver UBE and launch the UBE using LaunchBatch Application(B91300C)BSFN. This BSFN will return the Job Number of the launched UBE.

Birddog,

I posted this question in May of 2002. Back then, while researching this issue, I found a couple of business functions available in XE to retrieve the PDF name. Since then, we've upgraded to XE. However, I can't find any info on those business functions anymore. We still don't know how to retrieve the job # and/or the PDF name from within the UBE that actually creates the PDF. I'll post any additional info I get.

Back