Memory Error

David Hursh

David Hursh

All,
A developer is experiencing a "Memory Errors" when trying to advance a projects status code--all within DV. I have tried this on a few different workstations with the same results. I have closed all other applications. I am presently building a DV package on the deployment server.

Here's what the little yellow error message says:

ERROR: Memory Errors
Cause... The method, Status Change has reported memory errors
RESOLUTION.. This is usually caused by lack of resources on your computer. Restart OneWorld and try closing some other applications. If the problem persists, please contact your OneWorld Administrator.

D. Hursh
Archer, Daniels, Midland
OW Xe, NT, SP16.1, Update 1

D. :

Disable your antivirus and JDEDEBUG while trying to promote your project.
Have luck,

From Bolivia : Sebastian Sajaroff

Re: RE: Memory Error

Thanks for the response Sebastian and Tim...

The odd thing here is that the error happens almost immediately. I spoke with the developer a little more and found that the project he told me about was a second try and the first project holds the tokens. The twist here is that there is an object that "added" itself to the original project. It looks like a piece of paper icon with no description and only a dash after it. An error of "object does not exist" shows up.

I tried to add myself to this project to release the tokens and delete the mystery object, but I get a "parameter handle not passed" error. I can add myself to any other project and perform just fine.

The fun never ends!

D. Hursh
Archer, Daniels, Midland
OW Xe, NT, SP16.1, Update 1

Re: RE: Memory Error

Have you tried moving the objects to a new project, then deleting the old project. This won't help you figure out why this is happening, but it will get your code promoted.

If you cannot delete the project, you may have to delete it with SQL. Not the best thing to do, but if you have no choice...

Tim
XE, SP16.1, Update1, Unix/Oracle

Back