Purge Program Usage

wsellers

My inquiry is multi part.
I'm looking for advice on data file purging to history. I've found several of the OW purge programs and I've managed to get a couple of them to work. (Work order purge, R4801P, and sales detail to history purge, R42996.)

1. I'm unable to get sales header to purge to history. The program executes and doesn't give any errors; however, the data remains in F4201 instead of being purged to F42019. Does anyone know why it doesn't purge? Do I need to log in under a particular sign on or is it fat/thin specific?

2. The sales ledger and purchase order purge programs have a weird "Properties" screen associated with them. How does this screen function? What settings should be made? As typical the JDE documentation lacks the details for using these programs. (I'd like to get on my "Soapbox" about the lack of details; however, I know most of you have the same issue.)

3. Does JD Edwards have any documentation for using these programs? I've been unable to locate anything on the Knowledge Garden or the List.

Walt Sellers
Heil Environmental Industries, Ltd.
OW B733.2 SP10, Citrix, Windows NT TS2000, Oracle 8.1.6

Hi Walt,

Re 1): Sales Order headers will only be purged if no associated F4211 records exist. This includes cancelled lines! In order to purge F4201 you need to purge / delete the F4211 records first

Re 2): I haven't used these purge programs as yet. It seems the processing options give you the option to save the data into a different environment / database. My guess is you can create a new database eg called "ARCB7333" and purge F42199 to F42199 in ARCB7333.
Since the Sales and Purchase Ledger are pretty much stand alone tables you can always purge/archive these files through normal SQL routines. One last word of caution is not to purge the F42199 in its entirety if you use credit notes from history as this relies on the existance of Sales ledger records.

Re 3): Not sure about documentation. I imagine there are quite a few White papers on purging (a quick search on "Purge" into the KG resulted in 66 hits) but I don't know if specific detail on each purge program is available.

Good luck,
Rgds,

Sef van den Nieuwelaar
Australia
B732 on NT, XE on NT, B732/A73 on AS400, B733 on NT

Speaking of purging...
My customer (B732) is just using the finance module, and has several addresses which they want "removed" from the system. I have searched the system, and found that these addresses occur in 19 tables.

Is there a JDE purge routine in B732 for addresses, particularly in A/R?
Has anyone run it/does it work?

If there isn't a routine, how dangerous/stupid would it be to delete the records from the tables, provided it is done in the correct order, i.e. deleting the F0101 records last?

Thanks,

Stewart
Customer: Xe/NT/Oracle, B732/NT/SQL
Office: B7331/NT/SQL

Back