R4311Z1I will not insert POs into F4310/F4311

erpfun

We did a tools release upgrade from 8.96 to 8.98.1.3 awhile back. Ever since, the R4311Z1l will not insert POS into the F4310/F4311. It does grab the PO next number and even sets the status of Y (processed successfully). There are no errors in the work center or in any log files. My work around has been to run it locally on my fat client. I loaded the latest ESU's and built full packages. All other UBE's and other z tables we use work fine. Any ideas of what to try next?

The debug logs do not show any errors. I'm not sure how to debug a business function that is on the enterprise server. When I debug local on my client using Visual Studio it works just fine. When I debug just the UBE alone in the Event Rule Debugger, it runs through the business function event rule line like it worked okay... but it actually doesn't "do/insert" anything. I'm applying some ESU's over again and am building a new package. I have my fingers crossed. Gosh, maybe it is a cache problem and I just need to reboot... that sure would be a simple fix. This is a weird one.

If it works locally on your fat client, have you tried re-promoting the object?

Also are there any problems indicated in the work center? Can you see anything strange on the orders when browsing via P4311Z1I?

Hope this helps
Aidy

There are no errors in the work center and I have tried to recreate new versions of the UBE and promoted them and build a package. I did notice that ESU 17733 that was applied in 2009 didn't have the tables in the database as if the person didn't fully complete the special instructions. I reapplied the ESU to PY and generated the tables. I built a new full package and just ran the UBE. It is now sitting at a P "processing" state and never ends. Now I am going to Debug again.

Any luck yet?

If not, have you checked the processing options on R4311Z1I for which version of P4310 it is using? If may be using a version that you are not expecting.

Hope this helps
Aidy

No luck yet. However, I did find this in the Application event rule error log on the enterprise server.
Reporting queued error: faulting application runbatch.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module CTRAN.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000561ce.

Aidy,
I forgot to answer your question. Yes, I checked the processing options. Everything looks right. I even created new one's just to make sure they weren't currupted somehow.
Amy

I fixed the problem. After digging deep into the log files, I saw 2 business functions being called. One was for sales and the other was for transporation. I dug into the C code for the R4311Z1I and noticed it was calling these modules along the way. I looked up ESU's for these 2 business functions. After installing them, the problem went away.

Just in case anyone else runs into this strange issue. I loaded ESU's JK16254 and JK21340 and it fixed my R4311Z1I.

Back