Unable to submit job from Web Client after tools Upgrade

gerd_renz3

VIP Member
Hi,

I upgraded tools from 8.96 to 8.98.4.5 and Websphere from 6.1 to 7.0.
After building a full package I cannot submit any report to the windows ES from my web client. After logging into JPY812 from a fat client I can submit jobs ok.

I did not find any logs, neither on the ES nor on the web server that would point me to the error.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanks, Gerd

I found that I missed to install TLAPP001.
So I am trying to install it from the Change Assistant and I get a blank environment screen. Meaning, where I am supposed to get a list of my environments I get an empty list.

I found a few possible reasons for this on metalink, but none seem to apply for me.

I get "cant' find resource bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle" from the log.

Anybody knows what that means?

Thanks, Gerd

I had a blank environment screen recently during a Win 2003 to 2008, SQL 2005 to SQL 2008 and tools 8.96 to 8.98 simultaneous migration. The screen was blank for TLAPP001 or any other ESU. I went through the same support documents you have likely seen. In the end my solution was to revert back to JDK 1.5 from JDK 1.6 for Change Assitant and use the sqljdbc.jar instead of sqljdbc4.jar. I had to turn on JAS logging for Change Assistant before I was able to see a message that clearly showed a problem loading the JDBC classes related to sqljdbc4.jar. Your situation may not be the same but the blank screen usually means some sort of JDBC connectivity issue between CM and either the Planner DB or the main database.

Thanks Justin.

I think my situation is pretty much the same. However,
I got my problems solved without the TLAPP001.

Back