WebLogic on Linux

gerd_renz3

VIP Member
Hi folks,

I have configured WebLogic 10.3.2 on Linux with 2 instances, DV900 and PY900. I have two problems:

1. When I STOP the AdminServer from the WebLogic domain in Server Manager, I cannot START it again from SM. I have to start it manually from Linux command line.

2. When bringing up my WebLogic domain, the DV900 and PY900 instances do not start automatically, I have to start them from SM manually. How can I get all instances in the domain come up automatically?

The Server Manager Agent runs under the same Linux UID as WebLogic.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Gerd

Hola Gerd

I feel your pain - I had the exact same issue on my linux weblogic servers when I worked at Praxair. I have something similiar at the customer site I am at now, but we are working our way through scripting an end to end restart process. When we figure that out, I'll post our technique.

Boa sorte,
Gregg

This is a common issue with Weblogic - happens under windows as well. I have it where I have an issue if the Deployment Server goes down (server manager), the weblogic instances also goes down. But that is because I start the weblogic admin through the server manager.

I'm also in the midst of scripting a better method with a colleague - the issue is that we don't want too many tools to have to monitor (including the node manager) - and certainly the standard documentation is really poor.

I'm certain that JDE is also working on getting this better. Its all just about how to ensure the server manager gets the weblogic instances up.

Greg - if you are willing to share your documentation, I'd really appreciate your method too...

Jon et al,

I hope you're right that "JDE is also working on getting this better". For Oracle to drop OAS, which from a management standpoint was a breeze to work with, and then go with Weblogic, which seems to require a lot of hand-holding and manual scripts, is absurd and a step backward.

I truly hope that Oracle hears from all its customers that we need a DELIVERED and reliable method to manage Weblogic. Customers shouldn't have to re-invent the wheel, which in the end INCREASES our total cost of ownership.

I'll get off my soap box now.

Not only does Oracle need to clean up WebLogic management, they have to resolve the little gremlins, like...

We have been on WL since September. In that time, we have had 3 separate instances (twice on 1 WL server, once on the other) where WL stops rendering the Processing Options page as users are trying to run their UBEs! This has hit about every two weeks since we upgraded. This is the darndest thing I have ever seen. If users are running on line apps, no problem. If they are running reports with no PO, no problem. Running reports with PO, problem. Once the problem surfaces, all users who follow have the issue. We slapped two OAS servers in their place, no more PO problems. We opened a case with Oracle as to why this is happening; they have NO CLUE after a month +.

We will definitely not be going back to WL until the root of the issue is identified and resolved. I don't care if they see it as the "next big thing", they do not have to deal directly with the ire of users who can not run their reports...

Back