Migrate Data from A 7.3 to AIX Oracle E.900

binumathew

Can Anybody explain to move business data from A7.3 In I -series server to My newly installes E1 9.00 in AIX with oracle as Database.
My enterprise one in AIX server with oracle as database is working fine.

Thanks in Advance
Binu

Although I've not done this before, here is what I would try... Since both databases are Oracle, I would setup a new datasource in the E9 system that points to your A7.3 database. Then either (A) build table conversions to convert the custom tables, and/or (B) use the conversion tools under the "World Post Migration Conversion" menu in E9.

Keep in mind that they required storage for data in E9 will go up due to Unicode.

Hope this helps.

Hi,
WOrld A7.3 is running in I-series (AS400 ) with DB2 as database.Enterprise Server is running in AIX UNIX server with Oracle as database. I want to move Data from World to Enterprise One. I have not seen any documentation to move data from World Platfrom to Unix/windows OneWorld Platform.
Thanks

This is correct. Create a datasource for your new database type, and use a OneWorld/E1 Fat client to transfer the data using a Table Conversion. I have plenty of whitepapers on my website that talk on this, including how to create multiple, parallel Table Conversions that take large tables through the same route as fast as the network can handle the data !

This is correct. Create a datasource for your new database type, and use a OneWorld/E1 Fat client to transfer the data using a Table Conversion. I have plenty of whitepapers on my website that talk on this, including how to create multiple, parallel Table Conversions that take large tables through the same route as fast as the network can handle the data !

binumathew
My bad on the DB types, you are correct. Sorry I missed that, but the approach would be the same. You will however need to install the appropriate DB drivers and setup the datasource.

Hi,

Thanks for giving hint.
It will be helpful for me and others if you or somebody who can explain step by step procedure to move data from BOX-1 with (I-Series with DB2 Database ) JD Edwards A7.3 to BOX -2 Running Enterprise Server (AIX server with Oracle 11R2 Database )

Thanks and Regards.
Binu Mathew

Hi,

I think DATA source concept is not in A7.3 World Version.
So how table Conversion In A7.3 will happen. Can you pls. explain.

Thanks
Binu

Back