Missing attachements

q97

In competency management, we have been putting employee photos as file attachments against a competency record. For some reason, some of the attachments appear to be missing in the front end screen, but if I look in the database, I can see the file references all there and the files are actually there. Is there something hokey about attachments or some way to get them to show in the web front end?

Version 8.98.3.2
Win2k3/MSSQL

Are all of the photos of the same file type - like jpg? I've seen similar issues where the browser didn't recognize the file extension, so couldn't render the image. Also look for spaces or special characters in the image names.

If possible, try to view just the image in the browser, by manually building the URL. That way you can distinguish between an attachment issue, and a browser issue.

Since you say some of the photos work, it sounds like an issue with the pictures themselves.

Thanks for your reply. The issue is more that they used to show up in the attachment drop down list, but now they don't. The data (file location, etc) for the attachment remains in the database, however. The files are all jpg's and were displaying properly before. I just don't understand why the drop down list for attachments is now empty, and only for some records.

You say they were in the drop down list, but now they are not. This begs the question: What has changed? The change may or may not be in JDE itself.

Does the JDE system still have O/S security access to the folders where the files are stored? If so, does JDE have access to the actual files?

Back