EDelivery Issues

jdel6654

VIP Member
Is anyone else having problems with EDelivery downloads today? Every time I try to download, it says I have reached the maximum downloads (blah, blah, blah).

[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone else having problems with EDelivery downloads today? Every time I try to download, it says I have reached the maximum downloads (blah, blah, blah).

[/ QUOTE ]

When I try to download anything I recieve a 403 Forbidden.

Yay!

Max

Yeah, I got the same on IE. On Firefox, I got the maximum downloads message.

I wonder what stack they are running...

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what stack they are running...

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't think it's the stack they are using. If I were a betting man, and I am, my money would rest on poorly executed customer support.

Max

[ QUOTE ]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ My config is so insane you wouldn't believe it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm of the school that thinks, eDelivery might be using the same config as Max?

(db)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ My config is so insane you wouldn't believe it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm of the school that thinks, eDelivery might be using the same config as Max?

(db)

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever run unicode on a hamster? You wouldn't think it would work but it does. I wouldn't recommend it though.

Let's just say it gets a little messy.

Max

I am now getting this message.

"Thank you for accessing Oracle E-Delivery. Unfortunately we are unable to process your request due to the following:

Your Oracle account is missing Company, Country and/or Industry information
Your email address has not been validated
Please make the appropriate updates on your My Profile page and save changes. When finished, click on the continue button below."

Max

Apparently Oracle (in its better wisdom) has implemented a true security on the eDelivery site.

When you get that message - in the Error Box there is a link to 'My Profile'. You will have to either create a profile or confirm your existing one.

(db)

If you have a metalink ID, that can be used to download from edelivery now. They've changed it so that you have to have registered with oracle to download - which is why people were having issues the other day trying to download.

The metalink ID requires to be validated - thats the only real requirement I saw - when you click on the link, it asks for you to go through email validation. Do that, and you'll regain access.

You'll also be required to make a decision - to answer the phone or let it ring to voicemail - when Oracle inside sales calls to inquire if you're going to license the software you've been downloading.

[ QUOTE ]
You'll also be required to make a decision - to answer the phone or let it ring to voicemail - when Oracle inside sales calls to inquire if you're going to license the software you've been downloading.

[/ QUOTE ]

That shouldn't be a problem. I'll just leave the phone in my fridge along with the TV remote control.

Max

Back