E9.2 UN8 Availability

jhsiao520123

Hi Lists,
Does anyone know where I can download the UN8 for R24/TR 9.2.8 installation purpose? I can't find it in the UpdateCenter but from InFocus 2023 recordings seems it is available already. Thanks in advance!
John

When Oracle was demo-ing applying UN8 via web this week in the tech task force, I believe they said it was still not available to the public yet.

At INFOCUS etc. they said that it's all coming out a little later this year, so TR 9.2.8 last week and UN8 not yet, maybe towards end of the year.
Until then you gotta stick with UN7+n amount of ESUs

jhsiao520123,​

The Release 24 concept can be a little confusing with respect to the UNx updates. However, I believe based on the following link on Oracle.com:

that Release 24, consisting of certain application enhancements as well as a new tools release (9.2.8), is actually a separate concept from what we can all assume will be 9.2 Update 8. If you click on "24" under the release column (circled in red below), it takes you the separate enhancements, which in turn take you to specific ESUs or UDOs in the update center.

1701959122376.png

So, technically it appears that Release 24 is released and available. Based on the last couple of years I would expect a full 9.2 Update 8 to be released very soon that includes Release 24 and all prior ESUs rolled up.

Last edited:
Well yes, hasn't it always been like that? If you installed every ESU right when it was available all the UNx did was setting your release flag to E920.x without doing anything else 😅

Back