Vocab Override Report

cdawes

VIP Member
Does anyone know of a tool or base report that will print out all the vocab overrides for all the applications along with where the vocab overrides are located?

I have some simple SQL that tells me which apps have them but since the Vocab Override is in a blob this makes it a little harder to display.

Thanksm

Colin

You are talking about the F98750 kind of stuff, right? - from what I remember, it's a bit convoluted, getting these details is relatively slow due to additional lookups and the end result would not be very easy to read - all references are by ID (and resolving those can make it slower yet, with more lookups).

Plus, of course, there are overrides in different languages too, plus many overrides are in fact simply exact copies of the defaults, or in effect "non-overrides" - I think there's really no need to report those.

We used to have a tool to wipe them all clear per DD item - JDE is quite capable of reading DD overrides ("Jargon Overrides" is the correct term, I believe) instead, which also makes it easier to maintain and customise.

Interestingly, JDE has tools to do this too, so it looks like they could plainly see the problems of the overrides and created a way to delete them, yet they kept creating more at every turn nonetheless...

And we also had a tool to compare these overrides across Environments, compiling a list of differences.

Anyway, we could write something like that up, but how many people would want this? - these two tools above turned out to be unpopular and we stopped maintaining them. And of course if that's a custom development job, then it's T&M and it would become rather expensive. Your call...

Back