CTI Integration

Jeremy M.

Jeremy M.

Well Known Member
Does anyone use the CTI interface between a telephone system and JDE E1? I would like to know what setup there is from a CNC perspective. We are E1 9.0 TR 8.98.4.1.

After doing some more research I think what I need is the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Multichannel Interaction Manager 8.11. Has anyone used this? Was it difficult and how much from a CNC perspective is needed?

This question has been asked on the Knowledge Garden (aka My Oracle Support).

They refer to a manual solution. The manual solution that I am working on is writing a little VB client application that translates the phone number into a JDE address book number, then screen-popping a paramaterised URL: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/parameterized-url-red-paper-128781.pdf

[ QUOTE ]

Applies to:
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne CRM Foundation - Version: 9.0 and later [Release: 9.0 and later ]
Information in this document applies to any platform.

Goal
Chapter 10 of the E1 9.0 Customer Relationship Management Support Applications Guide refers to Working with Computer Telephony Integration (CTI). There is a note that states:

"Complete the steps in this chapter only if you are using CTI. If you are using Multichannel Interaction Manager to route and manage calls, see the Multichannel Interaction Guide."

You also found the install guides for Multichannel Interaction Manager on e-delivery however, you are trying to find the install/setup guides for CTI.

Want to know if CTI is already embedded into JD Edwards software, or if there are additional install/setup steps required to use this functionality?

Solution
This guide refers to the E1 Setup that we used to have available under the Multichannel Interaction Manager software. This software is no longer available for E1 9.0. This was a third party software that had to be purchased separately and configured separately. It is no longer available after E1 8.11 SP1. So to use CTI with E1 9.0, you would have to purchase third party software separately, then manually interface it with E1 9.0.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back