8.98.4.1 issue submitting UBE's

rgreensl

8.98.4.1 issue submitting UBE\'s

Hello listers,
have upgraded our test system to 8.98.4.1 but UBE's won't submit. It can't seem to talk to our live system 8.98.2.3 and authenticate correctly. We are running LDAP via AD and you can log on etc ok but in the ube kernel you get errors when you try to submit.

iSeries V5R4
Upgraded tools release from 8.98.2.3 to 8.98.4.1, deployment server, enterprise, server, jas server and webdev client. All following Oracle docuumentation and using server mgr.
Now cannot submit a ube to run on the enterprise server, error KNT0000106 - JDENET_ReceiveMsg failed. Error = 11 on webdev client.
Also cannot submit a ube from jas server to run on the enterprise server.
However can run a ube on the iseries enterprise server using the runube command.

ERRORS IN UBE KERNEL JDEDEBUG LOG:

Feb 7 14:14:34.046496 SpecUtil.c5126 - 583/9 MAIN_THREAD Spec Encap Warning - Failed to add path code record (PathCode: Versions Local, DataSource: Versions Local, Release: 5) to metadata release cache. Ret = 2

Feb 7 14:16:35.000064 jdecsec.c409 - 583/9 MAIN_THREAD JDENET Error = eTimeOut
Feb 7 14:16:35.000304 jdecsec.c2578 - 583/9 MAIN_THREAD Failed to communicate with security server: Unable to locate Security Server
Feb 7 14:16:35.000392 jdecsec.c344 - 583/9 MAIN_THREAD Validate user by token has failed
Feb 7 14:16:35.000480 jdecsec.c344 - 583/9 MAIN_THREAD Validate user by token has failed
Feb 7 14:16:35.000504 jdeknube.c1126 - 583/9 MAIN_THREAD KNT0000083 - Security check failed for user CBARTLET

Not sure if Oracle have changed encryption again (surely we'd be told..?) or if there is some basic incompatibility with having system/live on 8.98.2.3 and test on 8.98.4.1.

Attached is the enterprise server ini file.

amy ideas/help greatly appreciated.
Rich

Attachments

• 166371-JDE.txt
    15.3 KB · Views: 326
Re: 8.98.4.1 issue submitting UBE\'s

Richard,

did you run LINKBSFN and clear the SQLPKG's?

Server Manager doesn't do either of these steps.

Also manually truncate the Serialized Object tabes for these environments (F989998/F989999).

Colin

Hi Colin, yes ran linkbsfn, deleted sqlpkgs; also have ipl'd since and restarted production e1 services. We have cleared the F989998/F989999 and are in the process of a full webgen to DV to see if that makes a difference.
Rich

What is the name of your Test server that you updated the Tools Release on? That should be the server name that you point the security server to. I had another client run into the same issue because their security server was pointing to the Production server. Once they changed the SecurityServer setting to point to the local E1 server that they updated the Tools Release on everything worked fine. Once you update the Production server you can have your Test server point back to the Production instance.

thanks for the reply, we'll give that a go. Our test machine is called Kestrel and the Sy812 library exists on our production machine, Raven. I presume you're not saying that we have to copy all of the security tables to a test data source and then OCM map them all...? Is it just a quirk with the TR and it will still find the security information on the other machine.
Rich

While you may want to make a copy of the security tables, you don't have to. If you have the security kernels running on Kestrel, then you can have Kestrel's JDE.INI file point to Kestrel as the security server instead of Raven.

It should still be able to see the SY812 data wherever it is now. It's just making sure the new Tools Release is handling its own communication, instead of running the authentication through the old Tools Release.

Are you running Windows 2008 on your web machines? If so look at this See article 1050348.1 - E1: SVM: Issues Running JAS On WebSphere On 64-bit Windows Server 2008!

I had issues with connectiviy and it was because our new MTR's for out TR required 2008 and Server Manager JDK conflicts with Windows 2008 and consumes resources until it can no longer communicate to LDAP or the enterprise server.

We upgraded to 8.98.4.1 over the weekend but we have to rollback not because of this issue but because of some bugs in the RDA tool. Apparently there are still a number of issues with this Tools Release that it might not be worthwhile to upgrade to this at this time.

Arnel

Hello,

I think there is an issue with the .ini file settings. I know I have had this in the past on a related incident.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

al

Hello,

Can you please be more specific with the RDA issues? We have this toolset in DV and UA, but we didn't move to PD yet.

Many Thanks.

thanks Ken, we had a similar comment from Oracle but just making that change didn't do the trick but it was a step in the right direction.

What we had to do was to copy our LDAP configuration to our test machine (kestrel) and have another entry in LDAP for it.

That worked a treat so now we have a working 8.98.4.1 TR on our test machine. Thanks for your responses everyone....!

Rich

I've found the answer to my question about RDA problems Bug 11662256 - RDA Inserts wrong BSVW fields in 8.98.4.x tools.

Thanks.

We have applied and are currently testing 8.98.4.1 and the only things we've identified as issues affect our developers:
1) an issue when adding data to a report which is numeric only and it showed up as a date field on BSVW (Bug 11715486 - Fixed!)
2) a problem when openning data sequencing for a section, the Data Item and Description columns are blank (Bug 11054986 - Fixed!)
3) a problem when running debug for application objects (it works fine for UBEs with no problem).

The fixes for 1 & 2 will be in 8.98.4.2 but we got the POC (proof of concept) fix from Oracle and it does correct the 2 RDA issues. The debug problem is our only outstanding issue with Oracle. All else is functioning without issues.

Honestly... for a .1 release this one is pretty stable! We intend to go-live in Production with this release at the end of March. Whee!

I'd agree with that Diane, it does seem generally ok. We also have the debug issue so hopefully Oracle will provide a POC or something to fix it as it is a bit of a showstopper.
rich

Just out of curiosity Diane, is your deployment server at 2008 or are you still at 2003? I'm at 8.98.3.4, Win2003, and 8.98.4.2 will have a fix for something I'd like, but I don't really want to upgrade my DS to 2008, not enought time and way to difficult.
smile.gif

Tom

We are running 2003 with no plans to upgrade it as part of this.

Diane,

Thanks. I was hoping that was the case.

Tom

8.98.4.2 will be available in march 2011, not in february

Back