Help installing Tolls Release 24.1.3

clmates

Reputable Poster
Hi to all.

First of all sorry for the long post, and thanks for reading it :-D

We are on sp23J1 (I installed a long ago onto another server that we had multifoundation on), a few years agfo we changed server preparing for upgrade from XE to 8.12 (upgrade project stopped), and did not configure multifoundation

Now I need to install sp24 so my idea was to install multifoundation, along with the new tools release.

The documentation provided by Oracle for this tools release is the sp23 one but some things dont fit with the new .par file, It is not executable, I unzipped the file and extracted the system folder, but there is not any SystemComp nor Oneworld Client Install for the deployment server installation.

Are these two mandatory?

I have backed up my current system, systemcomp and Oneworld Client Install

I have created a new system_sp24 directory on the deployment server.

the enterprise server installation with multifoundation is up and running (ie B7333_SP24 folder created, with the system from the .par file, services installed and up with no error, and tested and logged in from a client machine with adapted jde.ini to the new port number)

So my doubts are:

Do I need to execute something in the deployment server or it is now on the new service pack?

Should I install any esu?

Should I make the steps required by the new password encription (I already did when installed sp23)

Or only by building new FULL server and client packages with the new foundation is enough?

Thanks again

It sounds like you downloaded the Enterprise Server portion of the Tools Release, but not the Client portion. The Client portion, after unzipping it, does have an executable that you need to run on the Deployment Server, and does contain the SYSTEMCOMP and "OneWorld Client Install" updates you are looking for.

If you've already redone the password encryption once to get to SP23, then you don't really need to do it again.

If there is any ESU to install, I would suggest the current Planner ESU if you have not already taken it. It hasn't changed in years, but you didn't mention which one you had.

I think, you downloaded tools release for Intel NT insted of CLIENT, due to which you are facing this issue.
For deployment server download Tools release by selecting CLIENT as a Platform.
For ESUs, you can apply the latest Planner ESU and if there are some required one then it should be mention in MTR page.

Oh, didnt noticed this when I searched for this tool release.

Many Thanks, downloading just now.

I already have the latest planner ESU.

Thanks again

Back