Newly Create table not showing up in PY

GregAndrews

We created a couple new tables and deployed them to PY but they are not showing up in the PY Data Source.
We are running release E900
Tools Release 8.98.13
DB is on Iseries DB2

Greg,

By 'Not showing up' - that could mean several things...

By any chance, did the developer or the CNC 'Generate' the tables in PY (and in Production - when ready to go there???)

(db)

Did you use the Design Tools (Table Design Aid) to create the table? Also, does the table show up in UTB or Data Browser?

[ QUOTE ]
We created a couple new tables and deployed them to PY but they are not showing up in the PY Data Source.
We are running release E900
Tools Release 8.98.13
DB is on Iseries DB2

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you create them?

Check you project which you used to promote to PY. Ask you CNC if it was build and even deployed to PY . If so then ask him if they were generated in PY. This should normally resolve your issue.

Chan

My developer didn't realize and neither did I that you have to generated the tables in each environment. I figured when you deploy them it generates them automatically

Hi Greg,

[ QUOTE ]
I figured when you deploy them it generates them automatically

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a real surpris for me. Is it really true???

Just some adition: object specifications move between PATH CODES, BUT you can have several data sources, not just vanilla PD, PY, DV and Pristine. If I have a - lets name "VADON7333" environment with PY path code and with "VADON - Business - and Control Tables" data sources via OCM mappings - then where will the table created?

Regards, zoltán

Back