Plannar validation fails

EONECNC

Well Known Member
Trying to install 8.12/Windows 2003/Sql server 2005/8.96 tools release. While running installation plan, getting "hosts scripts not found". I have created correct "hosts" file under windows\system32\drivers\etc. Connectivity between ES and ES is good. can anyone tell me what exactly is the problem ?. Pdf is attached

One of the first questions I have is, your Enterprise Server is the same server as your JAS Server? While this could be done, is that server of sufficient horsepower that you want to run your SQL database, JDE services, and your JAS server on it?

The "host scripts" error is one I have not seen before, and will have to snoop around.

I deleted Jas server from the installation plane and found the same error. Checked all the permissions to E12 folder. All permissions are set correct. Deployment server D:\JDEdwards\E812\Hosts\IntelNT contains only jde.ini file. There are no other folders/files.

OK, I found what you are looking for. As you are doing the installation, you should have access to the Knowledge Garden. Your exact problem was right there in solution 201010896 (link).

Basically, you should manually create a directory under D:\JDEdwards\E812\Hosts\IntelNT with the name of your Enterprise Server. I don't know why it would have failed to create, but I would run through Planner Validation again to see if it runs right this time. When it runs correctly, you should see a JDE.INI and PATHCODES.INF in that new directory.

Actually, thinking about it a little more, you'll want to check permissions on your E812 directory, and make sure you are using a login with admin privileges. Your server name is lengthy, but less than 15 characters, and contains a "-" rather than a "_" so the data source names should look OK, and the JAS server would work OK (in the sense that the URL would work, not that anybody around here would recommend having your Enterprise and JAS server be the same machine).

Did you create the directory under "IntelNT" as the solution suggests?

Then you'll have to create a JDE.INI and PATHCODES.INF file in the new directory. This was referenced in that solution ID, but I was hoping not to have to do that.

As far as I know, the JDE.INI is just for show, as the Platform Pack CDs should create a JDE.INI on the Enterprise Server for you. The PATHCODES.INF needs to look like the following:

[PathCodes]
DV812=
PS812=
PD812=
PY812=

Once you get the files in there, try the Planner Validation again.

[ QUOTE ]
[PathCodes]
DV812=
PS812=
PD812=
PY812=

[/ QUOTE ]

The above is the contents of the pathcodes.inf file. It's a simple text file, which you'll have to create in that new directory under IntelNT. You'll have to modify it if your plan isn't installing all 4 of those path codes.

Back