EnterpriseOne 8.12 envrionment question

kk_jde

Hello Guys,

What would be the best platform to run 8.12? Is it better on Citrix or Portal? What are the pros and cons? Please let me know if there is another forum I can find this already. Thanks in advance.

Arvi

Arvi,

I assume you are asking about the user interface portion of 8.12? If so that's easy, it's web based, so Citrix is not even an option. The only reason to have Citrix involved with 8.12 is if you want people to connect to a citrix farm to get at the browser.

As for the appserver, you have a choice between OAS or Websphere. I have taken admin courses in both WAS and OAS and can offer an opinion. From an admin perspective, I like OAS a whole lot better. It offers a lot more detail about what's going on on the server than Websphere. OAS starts off locked down, WAS starts off totally unsecure and then takes a bit of effort to lock down. I haven't gotten that far in to OAS yet, but my first impressions are favorable.

Gregg

Right - I personally like OAS over websphere, but obviously the decision comes based on the color of the "stack" chosen at the time you upgrade/purchase. You only get OAS if you choose "red stack" - ie if you're implementing Oracle or SQL Server DB. Almost all iSeries customers are obviously opting for the Blue stack.

Jon,

I guess we'll be a purple customer. We're staying with SQL for the database engine, but purchased the whole Fusion middleware red stack for our business integration and will use OAS for the presentation layer when we go live on 8.12.

Gregg

Back