When to Create a New Version?

szmyd

szmyd

Well Known Member
I'm curious on how other sites maintain application versions.

If a processing option value change is needed, do you typically change the ZJDE version, or do you create a new custom version? Part of our pre-upgrade plan is to perform some much needed cleanup on our system, with one of these areas being program versions. A good number of the ZJDE versions have been modified on various applications without documentation. Obviously, when we upgrade, our value changes will be overwritten based on the new defaults with A9.1

What is the deciding factor(s) on creating a new version or modifying the values on a ZJDE one?

Note: None of the version templates have been modfied, only the values.

Thanks

Hi Nick. You may not have realized that this is the EnterpriseOne (OneWorld) technical forum - not World.

I have an answer for the E1 side, but doubt it applys to world.

Cheers,

Hi Larry. I actually posted it in both (I know I shouldn't!) since I was curious as to the responses from both groups. I would like to hear your thoughts.

Upgrades are supposed to leave the ZJDE versions alone, since they are considered as objects for user use. It is the XJDE versions which are always overwritten/replaced on an upgrade.

The applications consultants I work with follow a standard of creating/copying versions and naming them with a client-inspired abbreviation. Some UBEs which do not normally allow version selection by the users (usually UBEs taken from row exits or UBEs that call other UBEs, like A/P checks) are left to use the ZJDE versions. I believe this is JDE standard implementation procedures.

Back