Document Type Master - F40039

peterbruce

peterbruce

Legendary Poster
JDEList,

When Find is clicked in P48201 (Work With Orders) (W48201F) and all fields are wild cards, the following SQL is executed and nothing is returned:

SELECT *
FROM PRODDTA.F4801 T0,PRODDTA.F4801T T1,PRODDTA.F40039 T2
WHERE T0.WADOCO = T1.WADOCO (+)
AND T2.DTDCT = T0.WADCTO
ORDER BY T0.WADOCO ASC

The reason nothing is returned is because the table PRODDTA.F40039 (Document Type Master) is empty. The application that appears to populate it is P40040 (Work With Document Type). The table F40039 existed in Xe before we upgraded. We either did not use it (ie. not required to access data in F4801 from P48201) and it was not populated (most likely) or when we upgraded, it was not converted.

What is the use of this table and how is it populated? If I populate it - will it have any effect beyond allowing access to data in the F4801 from P48201?

We only use work orders as they relate to job cost for project accounting.

Document Type Maintenance if I recall became very important particularly for work orders starting in release 8.9. Many work order programs now use this data to control what editing occurs when adding/updating work orders. In addition, several of the Find/Browse applications for work orders are joining to the document type maintenance table to "filter" out work orders that don't apply to the application being used. For example, I believe if you are looking for work orders using the Manufacturing Work Order (P48013) application, it will only show manufacturing work orders and prevents users from viewing/editing equipment, service, or other orders from that screen.

You'll probably want to do some searching in the peoplebooks for the document type maintenance application to read more about it. The table is F40039 and the app for that table is P40040. Since other applications use this table as well, I would assume if you are currently using those applications, the document types used by those applications are probably already setup otherwise you most likely would be having problems with them too. Hope that helps a little.

EAMguru,

I really appreciate your responce - especially since it was the only one
smile.gif

The only work order application we use is the one that is effected by this problem - the P48201 (Work With Orders). I was aware of the the table involved and the application used to maitain it.

I searched the peoplebooks before making the original post - it was next to useless. There was also nothing I could find in the knowledge jungle. I couldn't even find anything in JDEList.
frown.gif

From your comments, it appears that this table is used to control access to work orders of various types and does not effect access to document types beyond work orders, which is what I was hoping to "hear"
smile.gif
. I'll have a "play around" with this in our dev/test system before I populate it in production.

Thanks again for the information.

If I need advice on the actual population of the F40039, I'll post it on this thread.
cool.gif

Back