Web Client Cache

parora

Well Known Member
Hi All,

I believe this is a Web Client cache problem, and looking for ways around this issue. Steps to duplicate.

1. Attempt to add an Address Book, P01012, record, but get error that "blank" is invalid for Address Book Category Code 1

2. I add "blank" as a valid value for Address Book Category Code 1.

3. When I select this newly added "blank" value, I am unable to save my Address Book record, getting the same error as before, i.e. "blank" is an invalid Address Book Category Code 1.

4. Exit completely out of application P01012, and then re-attempt the same, but get same error.

5. Note I also attempted to Delete Cookies/Files, and exit completely out of IE, but get the same error.

However, after several minutes, the system recognizes this newly added Category Code Value.

A couple of points. This does not happen on a FAT Client, and the Address Book Table, F0101, is not listed in Database Caching Application P98613.

Is there a configuration change that can be made so any such additional are recognized more immediately on a Web Client?

EnterpriseOne 8.10, Tools Release 4, Unix

The E1 HTML server performs caching, for performance reasons, beyond what is listed in the F98613 table. This includes UDCs, menus, and other things. The amount of time a cached record is held in memory is configurable in the INI settings.

You can clear these caches using SAW (8.96 or earlier, probably in Xe also) or using server manager (8.97). Server manager has the benefit of being able to clear these caches against multiple HTML servers simultaneously from a single place.

Fyi, the JAS cache you need to clear for this is the Service Cache. Only clear Service Cache so you don't take any more of a performance hit than you have to.

Also keep in mind that, even though JDE says it's not a problem, clearing JAS cache when users are on the system will occasionally cause problems. I have absolutely seen it happen, although not too frequently, and I'm not certain I have ever seen it with Service Cache.

Back