Question

laserform

i do not have knowledge of or use JDE however one of my largest customers does. they tell me they have ver8.11.
what i am trying to understand is this:
we, being a manufacturer, have qty. price breaks with our product. they are telling me that JDE cannot handle this
confused.gif
and that they need one price no matter what the qty.
even in attempting to provide them with one price we still get purchase orders with bogus pricing that doesn't relate to anything we quoted or invoiced in the past.

they also use the excuse that they are trying to establish one price to control costs. Does JDE not have costing levels built in to help them decide what qty. they need to purchase to maintain proper margins?

thanks and i appologize in advance if this is posted in the wrong area.

This IS probably better addressed in the Apps forum, but you should let us know who the client is and we can try to get there business. Because OneWorld will handle price breaks and has quite the Advanced pricing capability. Oops, but that is in Sales (Accounts Receivable) and not Accounts Payable. So maybe an apps consultant will wander in here.

Ben again,

Laserform,

I is no xspurt on JDE Purchasing, however I can tell you that YES, it does support Vendor Price Catalogs with quantity breaks, etc.

I expect the real problem here is that your customer:

a) does not know of the functionality in the software
-or-
b) knows of the functionality in the software and does not want to expend the effort to enter and maintain the data (or the programming effort to automate the catalog maintenance using data from your company's system).
-or-
c) doesn't care

JDE is a big software package, and frequently decisions are made at initial implementation for reasons that are lost after the original implementors are no longer around. Unfortunately I don't see how you as a supplier can fix their internal problems though.

Actually, Purchasing uses Advanced Pricing if so desired.

Most don't go that far unless they have very close relationships with vendors. Typically, they use the cost levels specified in the item master.

It sounds more like they're using Quickbooks.
grin.gif

I wrote the Advanced Pricing algorithms and it does quite a bit more than you've listed here (it works with purchasing in 8.11 btw). Listen to Larry, they're giving you the runaround, or dropped $1 million plus for something they don't know how to use.

Back