Custom UDC Error on Add

parora

Well Known Member
Happy New Year All!

I have an Interactive application, and in one of the BV controls, I am referencing/overriding to a specific UDC. I have changed the Length of this Custom UDC.

On a FAT Client, when I perform an Add with this Interactive Application I am able to save the data on the Form, including the data specified in the Custom UDC.

However, on a Web Client, when I perform an Add, I get the error, "Exceeding Data Item Length" and unable to Save/Exit the Application.

Note, if I Add a record on the FAT Client, and then change using the Web Client, I have no problem.

Is there some activity/regeneration that needs to be performed on the Web Client?

Thanks

E1 8.10/Tools Release 4

Hey Pankaj! Happy New Year to you too!

This may by kind of basic, but did you do things like:

<ul type="square">[*]egen the table that contains the UDC?
[*]egen the app that contains the UDC?
[/list]

Pretty basic, but sometimes that seems to be the stuff I miss.

When you say "I have changed the Length of this Custom UDC"
did you do this thinking this would also change the length of the field as it is stored in the table associated to the form? In other words is your changed UDC Code length now greater than the Data Dictionary item's defined length?

Just checking.

Happy New Year!
It looks that you have changed the length of a data dictionary item. When you change a (DD) Data Dictionary item, you would need to build a full package, run R98CRTGL and R92TAM, and run full egen.

Harry

Thanks to everyone for their input. It appeared it was the cache that needed to be cleared, which resolved the problem.

Back