Can not retrieve server output using View PDF from work submitted jobs app

FNorelli

FNorelli

Well Known Member
Sunday night, the motherboard on our application / security server died. We popped all the harddrives out of the server, and put them into a similar model computer. The the substitute server thinks its my application / security server. JDE came up fine. All processes and applicatons are running fine. If I submit a report today, I can go to work with submitted jobs, highlight the job, click View PDF, and a copy of the Adobe report is displayed. HOWEVER, any reports that were run prior to the server incident can not be retrieved. When I click View PDF, I get an hour glass, then eventually that goes away and nothing is displayed. It doesn't even look like Adobe is attempting to start up. Written to the jde.log is a message -->
4712/5476 Tue Sep 19 15:31:31 2006 JDEKNUBE.C3480
JDENET_ReceiveMsg failed

Please advise.

Hi,

May be it's a stupid question but is your new server named like the previous one ?
Did you try to activate debug log on a fat client to have more details ?

Hello, Fred-- I'm looking at everything in the SVM7334/F986110 file and see nothing obvious.

The only thing I can figure is that JDENET uses low-level IP data as part of the process. I'll bet the network card (and therefore the MAC address) is different and that is what has boogered it up.

Any other ideas out there?

Hi,

Have you recovered your PRINTQUEUE folder from the
backup? What OneWorld release are you running? Xe or E81x?
If it's Xe, you have to recover PRINTQUEUE members from
B7334SYS/PRINTQUEUE, if it's E81x then you have to
recover IFS folder /e81xsys/printqueue/*

I would think that since you moved the disks over that the following would be true...

1. Server name same
2. No "restore" was performed
3. No JDE.INI file changes

Since you can submit jobs and view the output, I'd think it has to be something at the file level. Have the permissions of one of the existing PDF's been compared to those that are newly added? Can you open the old PDF's manually? Does the debug log shed any error codes or more light than the snipet from the JDE.LOG? I searched for the C3480 to no avail.

I see this spawnned more questions. The substitute server, a Wintel, is the same model as the one that died. I simply took the drives out of the one machine and stuck them in the other. This means the new machine thinks it is the old machine. I did, however, have to configure the network card to have the old machine's IP address. Debug shows nothing related to errors or conflicts. Very odd.

I still don't think doing any of that NIC stuff would be it. It really sounds almost like permissions around a SID incompatibility (same thing that happens if you try to use disk replicators to copy certain Windows OS's to new machines). Inconsistent SID's could certain deny access to files...now you'll probably ask how to change it if it is that issue...don't know.

Back