Tables cleared during environment creation/Inventory of tables

Robert Robinson

Robert Robinson

Reputable Poster
We are going live on 8.11 on 1/1/07. Currently, we have DEV and CRP environments. Our host (WTS) will create PROD from CRP, then delete data from certain tables prior to our populating PROD with data.

My question is two fold:
1) What are the tables from which data must be deleted during the creation of an environment from another?
2) Back in World, there was documentation of the inventory of tables (it was called "Data Models"). When I was on Xe, it seemed that the Data Models documentation no longer existed. Is there once again documentation that inventories tables for 8.11?

Robert,

I don't think this is the way really want to go about things.

You can copy the "code" from PY to PD but you don't want to copy the data.

The "Business Data" is made up of constant tables, AAI's and transactional data. There is really no definitive list of which tables are which.

A much easier way would be to start with a blank set of Business Data in production and then copy over the constant tables and AAI tables from Prototype. This is a much smaller task since only 5% of tables are constant and AAI tables and 95% are some sort of transactional table.

The AAI and constant tables are much easier to identify and you can test this process by doing a "fake go-live". Just backup Production first, copy over your list of AAI and constant tables, log into PD and see if everything works. You'll likely have missed one or two tables but that's okay since this is a test. Once you're done testing just restore production from backup. Also make sure you update you list of tables to copy over for go-live.

Colin

Back