Vertex

wisbadgerfan1111

I'm having many issues with trying to get Vertex to work with 8.11_SP1. We've tried running locally and on the Enterprise server. All of the OCM mappings seem to be correct. Does anyone have any ideas on what to try next. The group at GSS haven't seemed to come with anything in the last 3 weeks to help. Seems we get loads of CACHE and the R07200 ends in error.
frown.gif

What are your database connection settings? (Data Source, Server, User
ID, Password) P7308...

Re: RE: Vertex

The database, server, user id, and password are all set correctly. This is working fine on my 8.0. I'm using the same connections as I do for 8.0 and the Vertex is installed on my AS400.

RE: RE: Vertex

The only reason I ask is that when we went from B7332 to B7334 Vertex
didn't play the same. We had to change the User Id from the Vertex
Admin to ONEWORLD and use the appropriate password. We fought this for
weeks and finally out of complete desperation just put in ONEWORLD and
the PASSWORD, and it worked. Don't ask me why, no one at JDE or Vertex
could shed any light on it. Desperate acts sometimes work I guess.
When you do resolve this, I'd love to know the answer.

Tammy,
This may not help you, but during our upgrade from XE to 8.10, I ran into a similar situation. The same installation of Vertex was running fine for XE, but wouldn't run for 8.10. Global support worked on it for weeks, but couldn't find anything wrong. Finally, in desperation, I did a full package build. Vertex worked fine after that. It can be a very picky beast. I also remember reading something about Vertex not liking to run two instances with one installation. Maybe that was what my full build resolved.

Good luck to you. Hope this helps.

DB2......... I haven't heard anything about having to sign on as Oneworld, but anything is worth a try.

Thanks

We are ISAM so this may not apply to you. In addition to pointing to the Vertex DB folder in EnterpriseOne, we have to include the Vertex Utils folder in our system path on the Enterprise server and any FAT client workstations.

Hi we also had issues with 8.10..vertes 2.7.1...GGS finally sent an ESU fix for R07200, but until then..our work around was SQL ...good luck with GGS...took use 3 months

OK - What was the fix for R07200? Also, how do I know if I'm running ISAM? I know, probably a dumb question...

Indexed Sequential Access Method, one of a variety of PC based databases.

Yes...please do provide details...you were not the only one's with an issue with this UBE...please provide info..thanks!

I can't view the last 2 posts following this one I'm replying to. Did anyone have the fix for the R07200?

Back